I'm so sorry...

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Sorry if I haven't been keeping up with what's going on here on the Forum, but since we moved (I know this sounds like I'm spoiled...) the dial-up connection is so slow it's hardly worth using. I just go on every once in a while to see if the world is still here and reply to my angry friends. Hopefully, within the next year, this town should have more high speed options. For now, there's cable, which doesn't run very fast right now for some reason, and satellite, which is WAY out of my price range. Hopefully DSL will make its way here and I'll be very happy.

For now, let me just say I'm still here, still checking in, seeing everyone here and smiling. It's just not several times a day like before!

later
eric

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
well.... I guess we COULD fogive you..... THIS time..... J/K LOL :excited: welcome back :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
:sing: Welcome back,your dreams we're your ticket out....LOL Welcome back Smy. :excited:

Beebers

Reaction score
I'll be darned, Happiest of Birthdays, Eric, I missed that on the front page today. Smy wrote me one of the nicest letters ever when I first joined MC, and then I promptly mistakenly deleted his e-mail and Real Name in an e-mail cleanout, after promising to stay in touch, for which I am notorious. Happy Returnos Smy!!

:smile: :excited: :excited: :smile:

tiggie0686

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Hey everyone.

Sorry if I haven't been keeping up with what's going on here on the Forum, but since we moved (I know this sounds like I'm spoiled...) the dial-up connection is so slow it's hardly worth using. I just go on every once in a while to see if the world is still here and reply to my angry friends. Hopefully, within the next year, this town should have more high speed options. For now, there's cable, which doesn't run very fast right now for some reason, and satellite, which is WAY out of my price range. Hopefully DSL will make its way here and I'll be very happy.

For now, let me just say I'm still here, still checking in, seeing everyone here and smiling. It's just not several times a day like before!

later
eric
You should get NetZero. I don't know if it actually works, but we see a lot of commercials for it around here (Michigan--yick!). Well, it's dial-up connection internet...but it's high speed dial-up. I don't know if it's just a local thing or not...so if I'm explaining something to you that you already know, ignore me! If I were you, I'd check it out--I know how frustrating it can be to have dial-up when you're used to DSL! Okay, well, this has been my good deep attempt of the day. :smile: I would be glad to see you back, but I've never seen you before cause I took a huge long break from this place up until today. :wink: Haha.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for the birthday greetings. It's been a good day. Went to the library for more Dave Barry and got a George Carlin book too! (I'll be chuckling for a while, I'm sure, as the Carlin book states on the back..."Wouldn't it be great if you could make a guy's head explode just by staring at him?")

I had a big (too big) dinner and lots of cake, so I'm happily guilty (or is it guiltily happy?) and my wife has had fun all day reminding me that I'm old! (She's 8 years younger than me so I suppose I'll never hear the end of that one!) But at least I had my 3-year-old daughter sing Happy Birthday to me.

My friend and I are busy now getting a small business going so I've been (shame on me) sort of neglecting restoring those Sesame and Muppet LP's I was bragging about before, but I will get around to it for sure...I just want a better turntable first...mine is an old 3-speed BSR changer (yes, before CD changers there were record changers!) and although I'm keeping it for converting old shellac 78's, it hums quite a bit when doing LP's or 45's. So, I'll keep everyone posted. (I feel like Stevie Wonder must have while he was recording "Songs In The Key Of Life" over an almost 2 year period, way over budget, and everyone kept asking when it would be done...and incidentally, it's Stevie's Birthday today too, as well as Peter Gabriel's!)

Anyway, thanx again.

No harm done, Beebers!

later
eric