1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 19, 2006.

1. zns

zns Well-Known Member

All right. This has been the best news since they plannned to release Sesame Street: Old School. Can't wait to see the trailer. :) :) :)

2. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I agree, I hope Jerry is able to cope with his lung disease to be in the film.

I always believed that Wembley was Steve's number one character and would love Wembley to be the star of the film.

3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What I hope is that Mokey doesn't get moved to the background...that would be tragic.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Um... Could a moderator please edit my above post?
    Meant to say Dave in that list of Muppeteers, but I listed Steve twice.
    Thanks.

Oh, and if this is a Fraggle film, I'd think that all the main characters will get their chance to shine including Mokey and the Gorgs and the Trash Heap and...

5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, do you think there will be new characters? And if so, are there any muppeteers you'd like to see with a FR charcter? Bill would be great as a fraggle.

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sure... Any of the still present/active cast they can get... Maybe Teri or David Rudman... Or hopefully they can get Ricky Boyd to do some new characters in either his own style or in a Richard-esque manner.

7. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Fraggle Rock Movie To Be Written By...

...Ahmet Zappa???

So, they lose Jerry Juhl, inspired genius, co-creator of the show and characters, oldest and longest-running head-writer of all of Muppetdom, and replace him with...THIS?!?!? I just don't get it. Where are the other in-house people? Where's anyone else who's written a Muppet-related thing, or a kids' movie or any movie? I really don't get it.

-Squigiman

8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I read a thread here once about someone wonderin' why Frank never had a special Fraggle on the side he could do from time to time. How awesome would it be to have a Frank appear, even for a brief cameo, with the others... a guy can dream, can't he?

9. OverUnderAround

When they make their movie, things are going to have to be large scale and overblown to bring in the viewing public to the theatres.

Picture the Trash Heap as big as a city.
    How about 'Gorg City', with thousands of Gorgs.
    The discovery that some Fraggles can fly.
    and a Doozer-metropolis.

10. superboober

superboober Member

Sounds interesting. I'll need to know more about plot specifics before I fully commit to seeing it, so anyone who finds anything mroe specific out, please post them here.

And don't be too worried about Mokey, I think; if indeed Brian and Lisa will be steering it, she'll be in the front with the others, I'm fairly confident.

11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Hmmm.. this is truly great news. And this wouldn't be an expensive movie overall, since it will be alot of live action locations, the sets, puppets, etc wont cost as much. It would be interesting to see what they do for the songs especially since (supposedly) Frank Zappa's son is writing.

Im hoping Gerry decides to be in it, he probablly will, but who knows. Plus, wonder if they will have any guest stars voicing the fraggles? That might be interesting as well. It would be neat if some famous singers reanact some fraggle songs from the show. But I am really excited about this!

Woohoo! :excited:

12. Big Bird Fan

Big Bird Fan Active Member

I'm not getting excited until I'm sure this is being done right. The Fraggles have been off the air for a LOOOONG time. To me, that just means they'll be more things that can go wrong.

Plus I'm a big believer in ending on a high note, which is the series did. I'm worried a movie might ruin things if it doesn't turn out right.

13. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

He is, but I think he may be retired. I've been playing phone and email tag with his agent to do an interview with GP for MC (which he's apparently willing to do), and his agent described him as 'homebound'.

Reminds me, I owe the agency another follow-up phone call.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

14. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

AWESOME!!! I can't wait! Thanks Phil Chapman!!!

15. OverUnderAround

Ouch! Homebound! I know that term. It basically means due to ill health you can't leave your home anymore except to go to the doctor because you are very sick.

16. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Can anyone fill me in on Ahmet Zappa's past experience in writing? :confused:

17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

awsome news! best thing to hear so far! :) :excited:

18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

*vomits in the best way possible* :smirk: :excited:

Nick

19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you, party pooper!! :p Just teasing.

I for one am extatic (sp?)!! I knew (or atleast had a strong belief) that this was going to actually happen. It was just a matter of time before we got the official word from Henson. Oh this is great! I also agree that this film could not be happening at a better time. We need it. Our country needs it! The WORLD needs it!!!

20. MattFraggle

MattFraggle New Member

ay-Yoopadad! is-oopadad, he-thoopadad, est-boopadad, ews-noppadad, in a ear-yoopadad!

Rufffafluff!