In Love and Harmony - the 4th Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I know Ed in particular has been looking forward to this one! Here is the long awaited fourth Rowlf story that will be featuring the wedding of Rowlf and Wanda. Believe it or not I already have an idea for a fifth story (I just can't let these characters go!) but let's see how this one goes first. Enjoy, I'll do my best to update when I can, but know it might not be every day.

Chapter One:

It was a weekend. For most people weekends are relaxing times, time away from work, time to have fun. The inhabitants at the Muppet Boarding house got the last two right, certainly taking time away from work and having fun. Relaxing on the other hand was something unheard of to the performing troupe.

“Kermit! Watch me do a flying leap of the banister into a tub of jello!” proclaimed Gonzo.

“Gonzo, we just cleaned up pudding from this morning!” said an exasperated Kermit.

“Yah der pudding der mesky mesky” said the Swedish Chef from the kitchen.

“Kermie, would vous like to go shopping with moi? I would love some time with my favorite little green frog,” said Piggy.

“What, oh no Piggy, I’m waiting for Rowlf to come down so we can go over some of the wedding details. I think we're going to pick out tuxes,” said Kermit.

“Oh all right, if the dog is more important than moi then that’s just fine. But vous will be sorry when vous does not have moi to cuddle with later tonight,” said Piggy and stormed away.

Kermit smiled, he knew she’d change her mind. He continued to wait for his oldest friend to come down so they could go to the tux shop together. He still couldn’t believe Rowlf was hanging up his flea collar and getting married. They certainly had come a long way to this point.

Rowlf took a journey to rediscover his family and ended up also rediscovering the love of his life, a beautiful cat named Wanda. Although it took his brother getting sick and needing his help for Rowlf to discover just how much he truly loved her. After some family drama they were now engaged and planning to get married just three days after Valentine’s Day on February 17th.

Kermit sighed happily. It warmed his heart to see his friend so happy and finally getting the whole package.

Upstairs Rowlf walked past the room that Wanda shared with Janice and Camilla, who had become very close friends of hers after she moved in.

“Hey, I’m going to the tux shop with Kermit. Need anything while I’m out?” asked Rowlf.

Wanda looked up from her vanity.

“Nope, I’m happy you’re getting the tuxes figured out though, it’s about time,” said Wanda and smiled.

“Hey now, I seem to remember a certain person in this room hasn’t exactly settled on a dress yet either. You’ve only got a month left you know,” said Rowlf.

“I know, I’ll figure something out. It’s complicated,” said Wanda and frowned a little. Rowlf immediately went to her and took her hand.

“You’re thinking about your mom again aren’t you?” asked Rowlf.

“Yeah. I still wish I knew if she was alive and I wish I knew where she was,” said Wanda fingering the charm that her mother had given her that she now wore on a special chain Rowlf had given her.

“I know how you feel, but look at me, I found my family, maybe you’ll find yours too,” said Rowlf giving her shoulders a squeeze.

“You’re right. Maybe I’ll be able to put some effort into looking for her after the wedding. Now I think while you’re at the tux shop I’ll see if Camilla wants to take another spin at dress shopping,” said Wanda smiling a little.

“That’s my girl,” said Rowlf as he kissed her forehead and left the room.

Wanda continued to finger the charm while she looked at a very old, very crinkled picture.

“I need you Mama. I’m so scared,” she said and then tucked the picture away before going to find Camilla.

Miles and miles away from Hensonville someone was also holding a picture. She looked at it and smiled again knowing she’d be seeing the other figure in the picture soon. She only hoped she wasn’t too late. It had been wrong of her to run so many years ago, she had so much time to make up for.

“Last call, all aboard for Hensonville!” came an announcement snapping her from her thoughts.

“Here goes nothing,” she thought to herself as she boarded the train and found a seat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And I'm already hooked with just that one chapter! Yaey, the big day's coming for doggie and kitty! So, this 5th story... Will they end up having ditties or cuppies? Heh, small joke. But seriously...
Absolutely loved te beginning. There's happiness in Rowlf going to get his tuxes with Kermit... And there's a little bit of sadness withWanda fingering her charm and that old crinkled photo... And intrigue at who this mysterious female character is rushing to Hensonville...

Beth, you know tat now you've started this, you're going to hear it... You're going to hear it loud... And you're going to hear it proud...
Post more!!!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awesome, it has begun! I can't wait to hear what Wanda's mother's story is! Even though it's generally Ed's job to knitpick, I couldn't help but notice a sentence fragment near the beginning, which made reading that section sound a bit awkward. As I said though, it's otherwise very good!
:sympathy:
:That's the only problem with original characters; they don't have smileys!: lol

More Please!
I love the title, by the way!
:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What part was that Kate? And did you explain to your mom that Pepe's a king prawn, hokay?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score

Although it took his brother getting sick and needing his help for Rowlf to realize how much he really loved her.

If you left "although" out, it would have been better, but still awkward. Sorry, I guess I'm just in that kinda mood!

Love ya Ed! I've had that signature up for ever, thinking it would gain a chuckle, and you're the first one to comment on it, lol! Yes, I explained it to her, and it was in MWoO, to be exact.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, well, at least that little mystery's solved. Didn't rully bother me that much, since she was just laying down a bit of back story from the three previous ones for any new readers... But I agree that this'll be exciting and can't wait for more to get posted.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Beth? Noticed you were online just now... Since I'm a bit starved for fanfic... Could we lease get some more of this nice new story? Please? More story soon? Ish, you there?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep, I'm here. There will be a new chapter before the weekend, whether it's later today or for sure sometime tomorrow. And that is a promise and I intend to keep it! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, look forward to it. Guess I'm a bit down cause of the constant indecision. Hope to talk to my good real friend later today, who knows... Will definitely keep you posted should anything get decided for my constant creator's block woes. Oh, and the story I'm working on is something completely apart from those counting blues... A good little V-Day's story I hope turns out all fright.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Two:

Rowlf met Kermit and they set off for the tux shop. Kermit couldn’t help but notice his friend was a little quieter than normal as they walked.

“Penny for your thoughts?” asked Kermit

“Yeah, I could use a few pennies for this wedding,” joked Rowlf.

“I told you, we’re all going to chip and help if you’re worried about the money,” said Kermit.

“Oh, I was kidding about that Kermit. It’s not the money. It’s Wanda,” said Rowlf.

“You’re not having second thoughts are you?” asked Kermit.

“No! Goodness, no, not at all,” said Rowlf.

“Well, what’s up then?” prodded Kermit.

“Wanda really misses her mom. She has no idea where she is or what’s become of her,” said Rowlf.

“This is sounding like déjà vu,” said Kermit.

“Tell me about it,” said Rowlf.

“So is there going to be another adventure to find her mother?” asked Kermit.

“Well, as much as she’d like her mother to be there for the wedding, Wanda’s feeling like she should wait and put more energy into finding her after the wedding,” said Rowlf.

“Makes sense I suppose,” said Kermit.

They continued to walk in silence, both lost in there own thoughts about Wanda and her situation.

Wanda found Camilla and asked her to accompany her to the dress shop again.

“Bawk?” asked Camilla and pointed to Wanda’s necklace.

“Yeah, I’m missing my mom a lot again,” said Wanda.

Camilla put her wing around Wanda.
“Bawk bawk, ba gock,” said Camilla as she signed that the thought Wanda’s mom probably missed her just as much wherever she was.

“You’re probably right. But, enough moping, let’s go look at dresses again!” said Wanda perking up.

They headed off to the dress shop, the only one in town approved of by Miss Piggy.

“Wanda! How wonderful to see you!” exclaimed Caroline, the owner of the shop.

“I’m here to look at bridal gowns again. I know I’ve been so indecisive,” said Wanda.

“Nonsense darling! It is your big day; you can be as picky as you want! Now, it just so happens I have some new gowns that just arrived yesterday so you have some new choices!” said Caroline excitedly.

“Oh great, maybe I’ll find something this time!” said Wanda. She felt bad for having drug this out for so long, but Caroline was very understanding and reassured Wanda that even if she waited until a week before the wedding she’d have time to make alterations. Because Wanda was friends with Miss Piggy and Miss Piggy was one of her most important customers she would do anything to please them.

“Before I pull out the new gowns would you like to see the bridesmaid dresses? They’re all finished,” said Caroline.

Weeks earlier Wanda had taken all of her attendants shopping with her, although in the end they went with the gown that Piggy most preferred. Because Rowlf was having all three of his brothers plus Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie, Wanda also chose six attendants. Camilla was her maid of honor even though Piggy tried really hard to convince Wanda to pick her since Kermit was going to be Rowlf’s best man. Wanda stood her ground though and kept Piggy as a bridesmaid along with Janice, Sara, Skeeter and Yolanda.

“Here we are,” said Caroline pulling out a lovely light pink dress with spaghetti straps and sparkles down the sides.

“Wow, that looks wonderful!” said Wanda suddenly getting excited.

“Bawk!” gasped Camilla taking in the beauty of the dress.

“Ok, I want to try on every dress you’ve got, I’m ready to pick one today,” said Wanda. She put all thoughts of her mother aside. Seeing the bridesmaid dress reminded her that the most important thing was how much she loved Rowlf and she was going to marry him in exactly one month.

“Wonderful! We’ll get started right away!” exclaimed Caroline and ran into the back room.
“Camilla, call Janice at the boarding house and tell her to gather the other girls. I want them here to help me make a decision,” said Wanda.

“Bawk bock gawk,” said Camilla and saluted her with her wing. It was a joke between them that as maid of honor Camilla did everything at Wanda’s beck and call even though she was a pretty easy going bride for the most part.

Wanda smiled. If she couldn’t have her mother with her she’d have all the other important women in her life that had come to mean so much to her. Her new family.

At the tux shop Rowlf tried on several different styles and settled on one he liked and he and Kermit easily chose tuxes for the groomsmen that complimented the tux that Rowlf chose.

“Boy, this was easy,” said Kermit as William the manager of the tux shop started ringing up the prices.

“Yeah and not too expensive,” said Rowlf.

“Of course it was a good thing not bringing Gonzo along, he would’ve gone for the wild and crazy chartreuse and maroon plaid ensemble over there,” said Kermit wrinkling his nose at a mannequin.

“Yeech, yeah, that does just scream Gonzo,” said Rowlf.

They put down a deposit and then started to head back to the boarding house.

“I have to tell you again, I’m so flattered that you asked me to be your best man. Are you sure you don’t want one of your brothers though? Not even Moe?” asked Kermit.

“Kermit, I keep telling you, my family is very important to me, but you’re a brother to me too and I’ve actually known you longer than I’ve know them when you think about it. Besides, I couldn’t pick between my brothers, even if I share a special bond with Moe,” said Rowlf.

“Well, like I said, I’m touched. Hey, when does your clan arrive anyway?” asked Kermit.

“Next week. I just can’t keep mom away any longer. She wants to help out as much as possible,” said Rowlf.

Kermit chuckled. Felicia the Dog was quite headstrong and he was surprised she’d kept out of the planning this long.

“Hey, she’ll get to see a couple of tapings of the show while she’s here,” said Kermit.

“True,” said Rowlf.

Suddenly Kermit had an idea.

“What if we used the show to find Wanda’s mom?” asked Kermit.

“What do you mean?” asked Rowlf.

“Maybe somewhere her mom watches the show. We could announce your wedding and then add that Wanda has a special request and then invite her on the air,” said Kermit excitedly.

“I don’t know, it might embarrass her too much,” said Rowlf.

“Well, I’ll let you talk to her about it. If she doesn’t want to it’s all right. But it’s an option that is there,” said Kermit.

“Thanks man, I really appreciate that,” said Rowlf.

They kept walking unaware that in the shadows someone was listening in on their conversation.