In Love and Harmony - the 4th Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, ok, old habits die hard, I should never make promises I can't keep! I apologize, there will be no new chapter today, I had the day off from work last Friday and now today I'm swamped with stuff to get caught up on. More will be coming soonish....but not today. SO sorry!

Skye

Reaction score
It's ok, Beth, take your time with it! We'll be waiting for it....... ummm....... *patiently*! :wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right Ed, I held up my end of the bargain. I'm expecting the last part of Valentomb now.

Chapter Four:

Dinner was eventful as usual, but it was made even more eventful when the doorbell rang.

“Kermit, who do you think that could be?”

“We’re all here aren’t we?”

“I don’t know man, I lost count,”

“No one ever comes here at night!”

“Maybe it’s a door to door salesman who is selling pudding filled exploding underwear!”

“DOORBELL! DOORBELL!”

The doorbell rang again.

“Would someone please just get the door?” Kermit finally screeched over the chaos. No one responded so he finally got up himself.

He found a woman standing there with dark glasses and a hat holding a notebook.

“Can I help you?” Kermit asked.

“Yes, I’m from Cat Fancy magazine and I understand Wanda the Cat has recently joined your performing troupe. I’d like to interview her for our magazine,” said the woman.

“Well, we actually take the weekends off around here and don’t grant interviews to just anyone,” said Kermit.

“Oh I understand, but please, I’m only passing through town today. I promise I won’t take much of her time,” said the woman.

“Ok, let me see if she’s available. What did you say your name was?” asked Kermit. He was skeptical, but thought he’d let Wanda use her own judgment.

“Oh, um, Marie,” said the woman.

Kermit headed back to the dining room.

“What’s up green stuff?”

“Who was at the door?”

“Was it an admiring fan her to see moi?”

“Where’s the pudding filled exploding underwear?”

“QUIET!!!” yelled Kermit finally getting everyone’s attention.

“Ok, I just need to talk to Wanda for a minute, the rest of you can go back to eating, well, whatever it is we’re eating tonight,” said Kermit after he had all eyes on him.

He walked over to Wanda and Rowlf.

“There’s a woman here who says she’s a reporter for Cat Fancy magazine who’d like to interview you. I told her we really don’t do this kind of thing on weekends but she says she’s only in town today. It’s your call, I can ask her to leave,” said Kermit.

Wanda looked at Rowlf.

“Well, I think we can use all the publicity we can get and besides, we haven’t officially announced our engagement. I could announce it there,” said Wanda.

“I’ll go with her just to make sure nothing shady goes down,” said Rowlf.

“All right guys, you can use the piano room. I’ll get the guys to go to the rec room or something after dinner,” said Kermit.

“Thanks Kermit,” said Wanda.

She and Rowlf stood up and went to meet Marie.

“Hello, you wanted to interview me?” asked Wanda.

“Oh my goodness, Wanda, you’re even more lovely in person than you are on t.v.,” said Marie with almost a hint of emotion in her voice.

“Thanks, let’s step into this room over here,” said Wanda.

“Ok, well, I just have a few questions here since you’re new to the Muppets and our readers would love to know more about you,” said Marie.

“Great, ask away,” said Wanda sitting down on the couch. Rowlf sat down next to her and put his paw protectively on her leg.

“Um, let’s see, here, first question would be, where did you grow up?” asked Marie.

“I grew up in Minnesota. My mom disappeared when I was real young so I fought it out on the streets for awhile. There were some pretty tough dogs around and one day I ran into a restaurant for seeking refuge and I found a home with the owner there. He hired me as a waitress and didn’t charge me room and board or anything,” said Wanda.

“I see. So your mother just disappeared?” asked Marie.

“Um, well, she didn’t just disappear. She left a note for me,” said Wanda.

“She left you a note? You never told me that,” said Rowlf.

“Um yeah, she left a note that she couldn’t handle things anymore and that she loved me and she’d be back someday. She never came back,” said Wanda quietly.

“That must have been very hard for you,” said Marie.

“Well, yeah, it’s tough. But she left me this charm so I’d never be alone and anyway, that’s not really what you want to know about so I’ll tell you more about how I came to be with the Muppets here,” said Wanda changing the subject.

“Oh, of course, that’s fine,” said Marie.

“Why don’t you tell her you’re trying to find your mom, it might help if it was in the article,” said Rowlf.

“Because I don’t really want to, that’s not what this is about,” said Wanda almost hissing at Rowlf.

“Sorry,” said Rowlf.

“Anyway, the restaurant happened to be a jazz club and I’ve always loved to sing. So, I began waitressing and singing. Then Rowlf here stumbled into the club one day returning to Minnesota to reconnect with his family. We discovered we knew each other when we were kids and also discovered there was a bit of spark between us,” said Wanda.

“Oh really?” asked Marie.

“Yeah, so he invited me to come back here and perform with the Muppets and well, our relationship really evolved and I’m proud to say that we’re engaged to be married. We’re getting married in just a couple of weeks in fact,” said Wanda.

“The two of you are getting married?” said Marie sounding slightly disgusted.

“Yes we are, we’re very excited,” said Rowlf sensing some tension building.

“You know, you sound so familiar to me, I can’t figure out why,” said Wanda to Marie.

“Oh, I’ve been on t.v. myself you know with the magazine. Anyway, I just have to ask, and I don’t mean this to sound rude, but have you considered the backlash you may receive by marrying a dog?” said Marie.

“Excuse me? I happen to be a large supporter of interspecies relationships and we are proof that it does work,” said Wanda angrily standing up.

“I think we’re going to have to ask you to leave,” said Rowlf squeezing Wanda’s hand.

“Well I just have to say, no daughter of mine is going to be marrying any dog!” exclaimed Marie and then gasped as she realized she blew her cover.

“You’re my mother?” asked Wanda in shock.

“Yes, it’s me. Surprise,” said Marie taking off her glasses and hat revealing cat whiskers and ears.

Wanda turned and fled from the room running up the stairs to her bedroom leaving Rowlf and Marie standing alone.

“Well, this is awkward,” said Rowlf after a few minutes. This was certainly an unexpected turn of events.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow! So much to react to, and you deserve a good lengthy review Beth. Truly you do... But I'm not sre when I'll be able to get to it, or last segment of ValennTomb. But trust me, it'll get done. All I can say to finish ish... More please!

Skye

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
“Well, this is awkward,” said Rowlf after a few minutes.
Hehe, good ol' Rowlf. I love that! It suuuuure is, Rowlf.........

You know what else this is? An awesome chapter!! Totally great, Beth! I love it. Such a great turn of events with Marie. I can't wait to see where this story will go from here! :excited:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Well... Um... Yes, that WOULD be awkward. Augh! Poor Rowlf! Poor Wanda! Poor Gonzo!! He never got that pudding filled underwear!! Hehe! I LOVED it Beth! Great chapter!! Can't wait for more! I'm on the edge of my seat here! (((HUGS))) More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... Listen to that, Prawny calling for more from within the tomb that has become his newly-locked room. You know the rulesPrawny, we're not lettin' you outta there till you post more story of your own.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As purromissed.

Posted by Beth: Chapter Four:
Ooh! New chapter!

Posted by Red's roomie: Dinner was eventful as usual, but it was made even more eventful when the doorbell rang.
Could someone please get that? We're trying to eat here. Well, not here, at Friendly's...

Posted by Frozen fur & foods perveyor: “Kermit, who do you think that could be?”
Aaaaah!
Posted by Flippery concern: “We’re all here aren’t we?”
Dunno Kermit, ask that woman who's writing this stuff.

Posted by Minnesota Mayhem: “I don’t know man, I lost count,”
May I be of some assistance in that department?

Posted by American indignation: “No one ever comes here at night!”
Yeah Sam... Just make sure they stay off of your fine Kentucky bluegrass.

Posted by that girl buying some oddities at the Mall of the Americas: “Maybe it’s a door to door salesman who is selling pudding filled exploding underwear!”
What flavor? The pudding I mean. After all, there was a lemon custard explosion the other day...

Posted by Wilde Thing: “DOORBELL! DOORBELL!”
Cool it Animal!

Posted by Twinning combination: The doorbell rang again.
Ah... The... Whoever it is always rings twice.

Posted by Outraged in Oshkosh: “Would someone please just get the door?” Kermit finally screeched over the chaos. No one responded so he finally got up himself.
Heh... Muppety mayhem dialogue. Gotta love it. Oh, and thanks for getting the door Kerm. *Goes back to my meal.

Posted by Minneapolis Mystery Woman: He found a woman standing there with dark glasses and a hat holding a notebook.
Whoa! Where'd this person come from?

Posted by Hoppity helper: “Can I help you?” Kermit asked.
Yeah... Just who is this intruder?

Posted by She feels so kitty: “Yes, I’m from Cat Fancy magazine and I understand Wanda the Cat has recently joined your performing troupe. I’d like to interview her for our magazine,”
said the woman.
Hmmm, "recently joined their performing troop"? Where've you been lady? Oh that's right, you've been dogging the Muppets in the darkened shadows around town.

Posted by oh so witty: “Well, we actually take the weekends off around here and don’t grant interviews to just anyone,” said Kermit.
Mmm... Good, I like that even the gang takes weekends off to just do whatever.
Gonzo: You called?
No, just go back to doing whatever it is you do.
Gonzo: OK, but remember you called me.
Whatever...
Gonzo: There! You called me again!
Oh just go and bother Ryan for more of Don't Trip.
Gonzo: Check.

Posted by Determined in Deluth: “Oh I understand, but please, I’m only passing through town today. I promise I won’t take much of her time,” said the woman.
Aw... In that case Kerm, how can you refuse the lady's request?

Posted by and wise: “Ok, let me see if she’s available. What did you say your name was?” asked Kermit. He was skeptical, but thought he’d let Wanda use her own judgment.
Good call Kermit. It's Wanda this person wants to see, let Wanda decide if she'll see her.

Posted by meow: “Oh, um, Marie,” said the woman.
Ah-ha! We have a name. Quick, to the Batputer to find out everything on this... Oh, too generic a name, OK... Let's just sit down and read more.

Posted by returning to Mopdom: : Kermit headed back to the dining room.
So, who was it at the door just now?

Posted by more Muppet house humorist:
“What’s up green stuff?”
Hey Floyd...
“Who was at the door?”
Yeah, Fozzie brings up a good question.
“Was it an admiring fan her to see moi?”
Hmmm, think you meant "here" Pigathias. Didn't she scare the last one away?
“Where’s the pudding filled exploding underwear?”
Still need to know... What flavor that salesman was selling.
“QUIET!!!” yelled Kermit finally getting everyone’s attention.
*Shakes head in Mary Tyler Moore, prominent MN resident: Oooooh Kermit.

Posted by Land O' Lakes Butter, cause I'm sure loving the way you're buttering us up with this great story: “Ok, I just need to talk to Wanda for a minute, the rest of you can go back to eating, well, whatever it is we’re eating tonight,” said Kermit after he
had all eyes on him.
What? Didn't you guys ask the Chef before digging in to dinner? Oh well, the phone's always there if anybody needs to call the hospital.

Posted by Lives inside a Number 3: He walked over to Wanda and Rowlf.
Wonder what he wants with...
“There’s a woman here who says she’s a reporter for Cat Fancy magazine who’d like to interview you. I told her we really don’t do this kind of thing on
weekends but she says she’s only in town today. It’s your call, I can ask her to leave,” said Kermit.
Oh yeah... Now I remember. So Wanda, you want to accept the admiring public's representative?

Posted by purring with delight: Wanda looked at Rowlf.
Love the simplicity of this statement... So many emotions going through that cute cat's mind...

Posted by milking her audience, oh, anyone want some milk?: “Well, I think we can use all the publicity we can get and besides, we haven’t officially announced our engagement. I could announce it there,” said Wanda.
They're engaged?!? Wait till I tell... Oh yeah, we already knew that. Carry on.

Posted by St. Paul Security: “I’ll go with her just to make sure nothing shady goes down,” said Rowlf.
Good idea... You can't trust the reporters magazines send out these days. Especially since there's that hurtful tabloid reporter over in... Well, let's just say it's another story that I hope gets updated soon.

Posted by Ishn't she lovely...: “All right guys, you can use the piano room. I’ll get the guys to go to the rec room or something after dinner,” said Kermit.
Mmm... Got some movies and DVD's we can watch. *Heads out with Muppets to rec room, then comes back because I want to read the rest of this great chapter.

Posted by Evening Mews: “Thanks Kermit,” said Wanda.
Wonder what'll happen next...

Posted by Tune in tonight for...: She and Rowlf stood up and went to meet Marie.
Dum-dum-dum. OK, get ready for the main event.

Posted by she who now feeds on Doozerdust and chocolate chip cookies: “Hello, you wanted to interview me?” asked Wanda.
Yes! I'd love the chance to interview that fine feline! Oh, you weren't talking to meowi. Sorry.

Posted by stater of the obvious: “Oh my goodness, Wanda, you’re even more lovely in person than you are on t.v.,” said Marie with almost a hint of emotion in her voice.
Again, I think you meant "lovelier" instead. And yes, Wanda is that stunningly good-lookin', even in her normal unfancified appearance.

Posted by Unsuspectful of the Mousetrap: “Thanks, let’s step into this room over here,” said Wanda.
Are you sure you want to go in there? *Dreads possible outcome.

Posted by Snooping in Saginaw: “Ok, well, I just have a few questions here since you’re new to the Muppets and our readers would love to know more about you,” said Marie.
"New" to the Muppets? Man, you've got to update your files Marie.

Posted by former fairy fratmate: “Great, ask away,” said Wanda sitting down on the couch. Rowlf sat down next to her and put his paw protectively on her leg.
*Woof! Ahem... Just mind your manners there dog, you're a gentlemanly dog after all.

Posted by Whiskery witness: “Um, let’s see, here, first question would be, where did you grow up?” asked Marie.
Oh, origin time. Always love origin stories.

Posted by DePaul Dweller: “I grew up in Minnesota. My mom disappeared when I was real young so I fought it out on the streets for awhile. There were some pretty tough dogs around
and one day I ran into a restaurant for seeking refuge and I found a home with the owner there. He hired me as a waitress and didn’t charge me room and
board or anything,” said Wanda.
Methinks it should be just "seeking" instead.
*Small tears start to swell. Aw... Poor pretty kitty.

Posted by Baited Birdbreath: “I see. So your mother just disappeared?” asked Marie.
Ow, hitting too close to home.

Posted by cat-atastrope in waiting: “Um, well, she didn’t just disappear. She left a note for me,” said Wanda.
*Heart breaks.

Posted by Stunned not so speechless: “She left you a note? You never told me that,” said Rowlf.
Yeah, when were you going to let him in on the secret?

Posted by that girl that's now my big cousin: “Um yeah, she left a note that she couldn’t handle things anymore and that she loved me and she’d be back someday.
OK... This is the part that purrsonally hit me deeply.

Posted by...: She never came back,” said Wanda quietly.
*Pawses to contemplate the sadness and fullness of that admission.

Posted by she who's now a bit sympawthetic to Wanda's plight: : “That must have been very hard for you,” said Marie.
Would imagine it'd be tough for anyone.

Posted by because she's Sara's sissy...:“Well, yeah, it’s tough. But she left me this charm so I’d never be alone and anyway, that’s not really what you want to know about so I’ll tell you more
about how I came to be with the Muppets here,” said Wanda changing the subject.
Oh... Good quick recovery. OK folks, move it along...

Posted by that lady's still pursisting on knowing far too much: “Oh, of course, that’s fine,” said Marie.
*Sarcastically: Sure it is...

Posted by and since Sara's my li'l cuz almost getting ready for her own engagement...:“Why don’t you tell her you’re trying to find your mom, it might help if it was in the article,” said Rowlf.
That's a thoughtful suggestion...

Posted by did I hear the catfight bell ring? No? Oh OK: “Because I don’t really want to, that’s not what this is about,” said Wanda almost hissing at Rowlf.
Whoa! That's probably the first time we've seen any anger from Wanda towards Rowlf, at least manifested directly towards him. Good, shows that Wanda's willing to fight for her privacy if she determines it necessary. Nice little showing of another trait that makes this character amongst my fanfic faves.

Posted by that woman who just needs an excuse to hug Rowlf: “Sorry,” said Rowlf.
Aw, that's OK... Just be careful there, she's a lotta womanly witty kitty and she's gotta be treated just right.

Posted by and you know that Christy's my cyber-sister...: “Anyway, the restaurant happened to be a jazz club and I’ve always loved to sing. So, I began waitressing and singing. Then Rowlf here stumbled into the
club one day returning to Minnesota to reconnect with his family. We discovered we knew each other when we were kids and also discovered there was a bit
of spark between us,” said Wanda.
The background info everybody needs to connect all four stories... Mmm, about time.

Posted by Ladies and gentlemeowen: “Oh really?” asked Marie.
Introducing...

Posted by Ding-Ding!: : “Yeah, so he invited me to come back here and perform with the Muppets and well, our relationship really evolved and I’m proud to say that we’re engaged
to be married. We’re getting married in just a couple of weeks in fact,” said Wanda.
Are those wedding bells? Nope, they're different sort of bells.

Posted by about to get catty...: “The two of you are getting married?” said Marie sounding slightly disgusted.
In this corner...

Posted by the in-ring referee: “Yes we are, we’re very excited,” said Rowlf sensing some tension building.
I want a good clean catfight...

Posted by Golden Anniversary Girl: “You know, you sound so familiar to me, I can’t figure out why,” said Wanda to Marie.
From the mean streets of Minnesota, the calico Cruzer...

Posted by stepping on tippy-tippy-paws: “Oh, I’ve been on t.v. myself you know with the magazine. Anyway, I just have to ask, and I don’t mean this to sound rude, but have you considered the backlash
you may receive by marrying a dog?” said Marie.
Umph! And the first blow lands before the fight even gets started.

Posted by Meow!!: “Excuse me? I happen to be a large supporter of interspecies relationships and we are proof that it does work,” said Wanda angrily standing up.
Yeah, just look at all the couples here in the Muppet family. Wanda and Rowlf should fit in purrfectly regardless of their distinct racial/species factions.

Posted by let me check your paws: “I think we’re going to have to ask you to leave,” said Rowlf squeezing Wanda’s hand.
Mmm... Though it's filled with tension, I very much like Rowlf protectively and instinctively holding Wanda's hand taking charge, ending this tet-a-tet prematurely.

Posted by Ffffft!: “Well I just have to say, no daughter of mine is going to be marrying any dog!” exclaimed Marie and then gasped as she realized she blew her cover.
And in this corner... Out of the alleyways of the past... That mean Minnesota mamma, Marie!

Posted by No! That can't be... Well, considering how we MC'ers are already related...: “You’re my mother?” asked Wanda in shock.
Ouch, I feel like that wasn't Crazy Harry dropping a bomb just now.
Crazy Harry: Did somebody say... *Takes in the news of what just happened. *Quietly, never mind.

Posted by claws out and get ready to get it on!: “Yes, it’s me. Surprise,” said Marie taking off her glasses and hat revealing cat whiskers and ears.
Such a deceitful disguise... Will have to remember to suggest to you for next Halloween.

Posted by redBoobergurl: Wanda turned and fled from the room running up the stairs to her bedroom leaving Rowlf and Marie standing alone.
Hey! You made Wanda flee in teary anger and sadness! You can't get away with that, no matter who you are... Hmmm? Oh yes, sorry Beth, it's not you I'm mad with. Please continue.

Posted by 10,000 Lakes landlubber: “Well, this is awkward,” said Rowlf after a few minutes. This was certainly an unexpected turn of events.
You can say that again Rowlf. Just hope this turn of events leads to the turn of events of getting more story posted soon. Please? Ish? Seriously, have a great weekend!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
ED!!!! Huge, huge hugs for that awesome review!!!! You made my day, seriously, it was just awesome, from the nicknames to the comments to just knowing that you seriously enjoy this story. I know you had to have taken some time to do that and it just really means alot to me. Thank you, thank you cyber cousin, you are the best. (((HUGS))). More coming, well, at some point, maybe sooner than Monday if I get snowed in tomorrow. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there little miss ethshine. Can we get more of this story, please? You left it on such a cliffhanger... We need to know what happened nex... Did Wanda and Marie get in a real catfight over their different stances regarding the wedding? Will there be teary eyes at the boarding house over the fat mother and cat can't reconcile their views? We nee more story! Please! Ish!
That, or more muffins, I think the rats got the last one.