In praise of Muppets Make Puppets

zoetrope

Reaction score
I recently got a used copy of "The Muppets Make Puppets!/Book and Puppet Kit: How to Make Puppets Out of All Kinds of Stuff Around Your House" by Cheryl Henson. I know a lot of people here are already familiar with this book and too advanced for it, but for those few who don't know about it I thought I'd do a quick review.

First I should say that my copy didn't come with the kit and you really don't need it, so if you see it used without the kit for a decent price, get it.

Second, I primarily got this for my five-year-old so I could work on a puppet project with her that would be at her level. It was perfect for that, but also was full of ideas that anyone at any level might be inspired by in making their own puppets. The main idea that comes through is you can really use what you have around the house in junk drawers and closets to make unique and fun puppets. So, my daughter ended up making a wooden spoon puppet inspired by one in the book (see my avater for a picture) and I made a puppet from an empty soy milk box with plastic easter egg eyes and some felt scraps we had around. If you have kids and want to share your love of puppets with some easy and fun projects, this is a great book.

So, if you're just starting with puppet making or want to get someone else started, grab a copy of this book and have fun!