1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

In Support of Steve Petition

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Uncle Deadley, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Uncle Deadley

Uncle Deadley New Member

I've never been very good at getting movements going, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I wanted to send something to Disney in support of Steve Whitmire, and I have heard that, in cases like these, physical mail is more attention-getting than e-mails or online petitions, so I've decided to send them a brief, but polite note of support written on green felt, and I'd like to invite anyone else who supports Steve to do the same.

I'll be sending it to:
    Muppets Studios
    c/o The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873
    [​IMG]

heralde, scooterfan360 and JT Yorke like this.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Good idea, Deadly. I should send one too when I get a chance. I know we can't guarantee this will be effective, but (British accent) "It's worth a try, Rizzo."

scooterfan360 and dwayne1115 like this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Just make them look as professional as possible.

4. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Too bad we didn't see all this moral outrage on here when they dumped veteran Sesame Street actors.

Zappetman and heralde like this.
  5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but if you're sending this to Disney, then I wouldn't even bother. I mean, since when do THEY listen to fans?

6. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's like that Taco Bell commercial with the cursing into it that I mentioned before on the other thread, "corporate big wigs," don't seem to listen to people's complaints or concerns. It's sad but what can you do?

7. Censored

Even Sesame Workshop doesn't listen.

8. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Sometimes venting does help to get it off your chest, even if nobody will listen. I have a short fuse, and venting is how I let it out. Most coporations are only in it for the money, and they don't care about John Q. Public.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. That's why it's best for my to voice my complaints here. Not only was Friday's not listening to my complaints about that offensive ad, but when I tried to address it on their corporate office message board, not only did the company not listen but there was a total jerk on that board who was constantly calling me stupid and being rude and offensive. (Makes me wonder if he was one of the people responsible for that offensive ad.) Plus they didn't display the IP addresses or anything on that board so there really wasn't any way of tracing that guy so he could get banned from posting there. At least we don't have that problem here. This is a much friendlier forum. Yes, we've had some weirdos here and there but at least the moderators catch people who do that. Even if the public won't listen to our complaints about things, it's nice to be able to voice our concerns about things without any risk of being chewed out or insulted or whatever.

10. Censored

Yes, it is always easier when disagreements with the most popular opinions are kept out of sight.

11. Daffyfan2003

Exactly. Everyone has different opinions about these things and I understand that people may not always agree with me, but they don't have to be so nasty about it. Heck, I also had the same problem on the WB Message Boards when "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" was on that network. There was a poster there who was getting real nasty and insulting people who watched the show and when I got mad at him, a bunch of other people on the board got mad at me and said he was just stating his opinion. So that mad me mad as well, because being rude and nasty is NOT stating an opinion. Seems like a lot of people on that board were as bad as he was or even worse.

Sorry if I'm getting off topic here, but since we got into that discussion, I thought this would be a good place to vent about all the crap I've had to go through on message boards. I don't like to fight with people, but I've had people push me to that point. That's why I like the way this board is run. Everyone here has always been courteous and respectful for the most part and the mods catch the people who aren't. It's a win-win situation.

12. Censored

Yes, like the Muppets themselves, we must be cute and sweet, not rebellious with conflict.

13. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Why they don't listen?

14. Censored

Who knows?

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Petitions.
    Don't.
    Work.
    Period.

Zappetman, gavry3 and LittleJerry92 like this.
  16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

He's not wrong.

I mean, how many change.org petitions have you seen actually succeed?

That's what I thought.

Zappetman and gavry3 like this.
  17. Daffyfan2003

I tried a petition a while back when a cigarette company was "rewarding" smokers over 18 by saying they could win a flat screen TV and that must have been effective, because the company stopped doing that after I sent that out. Could have been a coincidence, but you never know.