In the pre-Internet days, why was it only books that had order forms for the rest of the series, board games, toys and everything else never did that?

salemfan

Reaction score
Before the Internet, books used to have an order form that one could mail in with check or money order or credit card for other titles in the series on the last page of every single copy of every single title in the series. I have only seen this in books, why did board game companies never enclose a miniature catalog of other games in the series with an order form or toy companies who would say on the original package "Collect them all!" with valid pictures of the other toys in the series never enclose an order form in the original box? Why did only book publishers do that (as far as I know)?

salemfan

Reaction score
Nobody cares.
Even books from the days before the Internet that had an order form for other titles in the series on the last page of every single copy of every single title in the series, do you think most of the order forms for other titles in the series on the last page of every single copy of every single title in the series got cut out, filled out and mailed to the address with check or money order or credit card filled in at the appropriate section of the order form? All of the books from those days with which I've had experience still had the order form in them when I saw the books (by the time I saw the order form on the last page of the book, the order form wasn't valid anymore). I have never seen a used book from that era with a stub of where the order form had been cut out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought a lot of products had special mini-catalogues packaged. Maybe not order forms, but the back of the action figure packaging or home video boxes might list other things to buy.