Inchworm sketch?

behemoth

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a question. I see people talking about the "famous" inchworm sketch from Sam and Friends that appeared in the Rich Little episode. This is my all time favorite muppet show sketch. But how is it famous? I wasn't around during the Sam and Friends era and know very little about it so i didn't know that this sketch even appeared on that show. Can someone shed some light on this? And also if anyone knows where i can download the video clip of this sketch that would be great.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
you can see it on the World Of Jim Henson.

it was done by Kermit when he didn't have flippers or a collar. he was just humming then he sees a worm, eats it, then goes back to humming. another worm comes back, he looks at it, then looks at the camera and does an Ernie-like laugh, and then eats it again. he sees the worm AGAIN, tries to pull it, then realizes how long it is, pulls the rest of it up and finds out, it wasn't a worm at all. it was the loong nose of A BIG SCARY MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Sidebottom

Reaction score
And if I'm not mistaken, the monster then eats Kermit.

-Sidebottom

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by behemoth
Hey everyone. I have a question. I see people talking about the "famous" inchworm sketch from Sam and Friends that appeared in the Rich Little episode. This is my all time favorite muppet show sketch. But how is it famous? I wasn't around during the Sam and Friends era and know very little about it so i didn't know that this sketch even appeared on that show. Can someone shed some light on this? And also if anyone knows where i can download the video clip of this sketch that would be great.
I think people refer to it as being "famous" because Jim and Co. recreated that sketch on multiple television specials and appearances. Therefore many people remember seeing it, and it is more recognizable and therefore considered "famous". Hope that kind of answers your question.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
the same skit was done in the muppet show with lenny the lizard

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yes, the monster eats Kermit after the incident...

Tonichelle

Reaction score
that one used to scare the pants off me when I was little :eek: