Inchworm

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
You're right. I have it in #2482, from 1988.
and that was the 1st time i saw it. it'slike it was probably made in the early 70s and not repeated as much. though i thought it was silly, it was interesting in the sense the music was beautiful and the setting was nice.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Totally unrelated, but in the Worm Olympics episode where Slimey is competing and everyone is watching him on TV, one of the ads on the track in the background says "Nine Inch Worm."

--Klonoa
Sesame Street parodies are great

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Hey that song was on Everybody Loves Raymond tonight and that is totally off subject :big_grin:

Hays

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the inchworm was a little lime-green guy; hope I'm not confusing it with the Muppet Show version because it's entirely possible that we still had B&W TV at the time, too.

In one or the other of the skits, there was a schoolhouse with little AM kids singing the refrain - I'm guessing that was the Muppet Show version?

Though the inchworm in that version was actually crawling on Danny Kaye, and I remember the lime-green guy on a fence, or piece of grass or something like that. I remember being impressed with the way it would lose its footing and reach it's little "head" up the way real inchworms do. I don't remember it being much more than a little flexible tube with feet on both ends, possibly slightly segmented.

Censored

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Inchworm wasn't preformed on Sesame Street.Sorry.

Just curious, why did you think it wasn't on Sesame Street?

Censored

Reaction score
On a slightly off topic subject, there was an old educational children's show in the 70's called "The Metric System" (When they thought America was going to convert to metric measures) that had a little puppet called "Inchworm." Inchworm was a villain on this show since he opposed the metric system and wanted to continue measuring things in inches.

The "Metric System" was an interesting low budget show and some of its format was a blatant copy of Sesame Street. Cases in point: an eight foot bug called "Big Bug" and two muppets called "Bernie and Ert."

Ziffel

Reaction score
I don't recall that show ("The Metric System"). I do recall very well the inchworm sketch on SS. And I agree, mikebennidict, the music was beautiful and the setting was nice. I liked when the inchworm and the bug began to do their bits ( "two and two are four" with "Inchworm, inchworm") simultaneously. It also ended nice with gradual slowing music as they left the garden.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I probably mentioned this already, but I only saw it once in a 1988 episode. assuming it was new. I was suprised that I didn't see it after that though later on I began to figure it was an older 1 especially since the video quality was dim as in the case of many made durring the 1st 3 or 4 years of SS.and perhaps it wasn't used as much later on.