Indiana Jones, anyone...?

CraigD

Reaction score
The 4th film will be set in the 50's. It's been confirmed that Sean Connery, Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw will all return. No mention of John Rhys-Davies yet, but he better be back or I'll be ****** off.

I'd love to see Jonathan Ke Quan return as Short Round. He was such a great character; the highlight of Temple of Doom.

Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) is writing the script, with of course Spielberg directing and Lucas producing.

The Last Crusade was actually my least favourite of the three. I still like it very much, but it always seemed to be too much of a clone of Raiders. Raiders is easily the best; a true classic. I like that Temple of Doom tried something different, and loved how gory it was when I was a kid.

DirthNader

Reaction score
I had heard about the upcomming Indie. I don't know where to look for more info about it so anything you good people could prvide would be appreciated.

I do have one regret about the new film. I think man who played Marcus Brody (sorry, I don't know the actor's name) died sometime after the Last Crusade. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I think the idea of setting it in the 50's is a stroke of genious. It will be during the Cold War era, so there's potential for a story line with the U.S.S.R.. After all, the Nazi's have to be replaced with something.

There was, of course, the Korean conflict. That could be a good backdrop, too. By all accounts, the Indiana Jones character has found himself in the midst of the First and Second WW's. He could just as easily land in another.

Anyway, I'll stop this rambling and conjecture and leave it in the hands of the very capable experts in charge of production.

I am very glad to have found a group of fellow Indiana Jones lovers. Of course, given the forum, I had a pretty good shot at finding a few of you out there :wink:

Later :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

It wouldn't have to be a military group after Indy. It could be other power-sources trying to capture the article from Indy--another museum curator, an evil collector of priceless treasures.

I think we'll be surprised by what we see, and hopefully happy with what we get.

Kev

DirthNader

Reaction score
I'm gonna' have to agree with you there Fozzie Bear. I'm sure we'll like what we get :smile:

And thank you, Craig, for clearing up that little mystery. You know if he passed away?:sympathy: ?

CraigD

Reaction score
Yeah, he died around 1992. Something like that. One of his last films (though I don't think his very last) was the Sean Astin action movie, Toy Soldiers.

He was a very good actor.

Craig

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Marcus was funny...

Anyway, I was just thinking, he could be chased by Nazi sympathizers... That could be interesting.

Anyway, whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be a good movie no matter what.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Someone should do some research for the time period which has been speculated to be for the movie to see what conflicts were going on during that time to see what we could imagine the film to be about.