1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Influx of new members

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by beaker, Nov 1, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A question I'm sure is on everyone's mind: has there been a noticeable increase in people checking out MC or signing up to the forums? It seems like there'd be a tidal wave of people checking it out. I wish Phil had the money to promote the site more. I hope people been discovering here, mindset and muppet wikia
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I think part of the reason why a tidal wave of new members may not be that obvious is because the trick to them coming would be knowing where to find us. The main site isn't updated very much and someone new to the world of Muppet online fandom probably wouldn't realize that what presently comes across as a "supporting site" actually houses the main Muppet forum with the longest history. You wouldn't really find out about it until you actually happen to stumble inside or hear of it via word of mouth.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Aw true, true. This is more of a hidden tavern through a narrow alleyway in a big city. Is there any other major hub for muppet fans, or is it mostly just people commenting on facebook?
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's orobably because of the movie.

Like back when SST turned 40, or when MWoO came out and such...
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, MC is one of the first results when searching for muppets
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I don't really notice an uptick in new MC members. Maybe at least the film will bring old fans back out of the woodwork. In a way maybe this is good? Keep the Muppet fandom underground like it's always been. I mean no way does Star Wars or any other franchise thats well known have such a small but dedicate fanbase
  7. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

The new film definitely brought me out of my lurkerdom/absence. I assume it'll bring others out of hiding as well.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, I've always stuck around in a small way, but the movie has definitely gotten me back to checking it every day and weighing in with my thoughts.

Of course if the movie comes out and spoilers abound, I'm gunna have to take a leave of absence (Like that would ever happen).
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Admiteddly, The movie is actually what got me to sign up on these forums. I'm so glad it did too, because I rarely ever meet any Real Muppet Fans in real life!
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Um...you just replied to your own thread contradicting yourself. Me is confuzzled now
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

See, I was a Muppet fan two or three years ago too, but then for some reason, I completly disconnetcted from the Muppet world, I saw the viral videos but that was it, I even forgot the names of most of the Muppets. But the fact that the new movie brought me out of this stage and I became a fan again. I was a fan when the movie was first annouced but the closer it got the more of a fan I became again
  12. Beauregard

I was a fan in a previous life.

[​IMG]
    We Got Us, TSSD, Enginerd and 2 others like this.
  13. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

If I had the means...I would promote it like crazy. I kind of feel like a Jason Segal...I love the Muppets...grew up with them...still play with my own puppets...and I am 39!! I would tell people about MC. Brochures...postcards....I wish I knew how to find out who the local puppeteers are in my area. I'd tell them too!
    DannyRWW likes this.
  14. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

You know the film has got me excited about puppetry again. Not that I ever truly left. Just the ups and downs of life (we had our puppets quaretined for 6 months due to a school lice epidemic.... and some canceled shows). I never left puppetry or my interest in muppets...it just kid of took a back seat to other things that needed my urgent attention too. Once we got my schools puppet team up and running again it was really my students who needed to get excited again and the muppet movie helped with that (taking my team to see it the Monday after Thanksgiving). I want to get back into making videos again. It seems like so many people here who I used to talk to have come a long way in their puppetry and I want to be the guy who is posting videos again (though I'm kind of like Fozzie with the nervousness of putting myself out there). Anyways I'm back... I'm don lurking on th board and want to be an involved (and somewhat rambling) Member again.
    We Got Us likes this.
  15. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

I just joined like....two days ago, but I've read you guys' forums so much I already felt like a member. (get it? Felt? Wocka wocka!!) Just now I get to annoy people by posting all my random Muppety thoughts on old threads and fan-fics.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. Beauregard

Bring it on! I love your avatar picture :D
  17. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

Thanks, I have a question: How do you show who a quote is from? Do you have to reply? Or do you put it somewhere within the quote? I'm new to this, and would appreciate the help.
  18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Simply press the "reply" button for whom you'd like to respond to. Then in the box below it should pop up, and then you can just write below/above it. :)
    We Got Us likes this.
  19. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

I will agree that I've never known about the online Muppet community and wish I had previously. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. Starting with Muppet Babies, working into the movies and the family tradition of watching Emmet Otter every year. I think it's great you guys have this site going because not even Disney offers something of this magnitude to Muppet fans
    Muppet fan 123 and We Got Us like this.
  20. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, it's great to meet you, Welcome to Muppet Central!