Influx of new members

beaker

Reaction score
A question I'm sure is on everyone's mind: has there been a noticeable increase in people checking out MC or signing up to the forums? It seems like there'd be a tidal wave of people checking it out. I wish Phil had the money to promote the site more. I hope people been discovering here, mindset and muppet wikia

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think part of the reason why a tidal wave of new members may not be that obvious is because the trick to them coming would be knowing where to find us. The main site isn't updated very much and someone new to the world of Muppet online fandom probably wouldn't realize that what presently comes across as a "supporting site" actually houses the main Muppet forum with the longest history. You wouldn't really find out about it until you actually happen to stumble inside or hear of it via word of mouth.

beaker

Reaction score
Aw true, true. This is more of a hidden tavern through a narrow alleyway in a big city. Is there any other major hub for muppet fans, or is it mostly just people commenting on facebook?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's orobably because of the movie.

Like back when SST turned 40, or when MWoO came out and such...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, MC is one of the first results when searching for muppets

beaker

Reaction score
I don't really notice an uptick in new MC members. Maybe at least the film will bring old fans back out of the woodwork. In a way maybe this is good? Keep the Muppet fandom underground like it's always been. I mean no way does Star Wars or any other franchise thats well known have such a small but dedicate fanbase

Puckrox

Reaction score
The new film definitely brought me out of my lurkerdom/absence. I assume it'll bring others out of hiding as well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I've always stuck around in a small way, but the movie has definitely gotten me back to checking it every day and weighing in with my thoughts.

Of course if the movie comes out and spoilers abound, I'm gunna have to take a leave of absence (Like that would ever happen).

Walter

Reaction score
Admiteddly, The movie is actually what got me to sign up on these forums. I'm so glad it did too, because I rarely ever meet any Real Muppet Fans in real life!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A question I'm sure is on everyone's mind: has there been a noticeable increase in people checking out MC or signing up to the forums? It seems like there'd be a tidal wave of people checking it out. I wish Phil had the money to promote the site more. I hope people been discovering here, mindset and muppet wikia
I don't really notice an uptick in new MC members. Maybe at least the film will bring old fans back out of the woodwork. In a way maybe this is good? Keep the Muppet fandom underground like it's always been. I mean no way does Star Wars or any other franchise thats well known have such a small but dedicate fanbase
Um...you just replied to your own thread contradicting yourself. Me is confuzzled now