Inside the Blinking Eye

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Ever want to see the inside of a blinking eye puppet? Me To.... so I purchased an old beat up looking 1970's Animal Muppet that no one else wanted on Ebay. I'm sure that he had plenty of play with happy children and adults thru the years..... but his time has come and gone.

If your sensitive to the demise of a puppet then please do not visit the link provided as you may become upset. I apologize to anyone who finds this offensive.

http://www.puppet-planet.com/AnimalBLINK.htm

I hope this is helpful to builders like me who are in pursuit of further education in puppet construction.

-Michele

PS: You can also access this link from the "Build Your Own" page of my website where you may find other tips, diagrams, and ideas to guild you in your quest for knowledge. Go Forth And Prosper. :stick_out_tongue:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is really great! :smile:

The only thing I noticed is that some of the pictures at the bottom of the page didn't load. Oh and I'm stuck on dial-up for a few days and the size of the pics are huge (each one is about 3mb I think) so it took over fifteen minutes to download them all. Great stuff though.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't even think about that. I just slapped it together on my site while I was eating lunch.

I'm working on a few projects, but I'll see what I can do about making it easier to load over the weekend.

-Michele

zoetrope

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for posting that.

As far as picture size goes, you might want to keep those (huge) picture files online, but create a page of thumbnail jpgs that are shrunk down to the size you have them resized to in your table, with a link to the big picture. Did that sentence make any sense at all? :halo:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
LOL.... ummmmm, no it didn't.

But I tried something else. It's all one jpg file now. Hey Buck, try it again with your dial up and let me know how it goes. Any Better?

-M

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems to load more quickly. Not sure what software you have for image editing, but what Zoetrope is suggesting is that you use each big picture (say "animal_pic_1.jpg") and resize it to a smaller, more managable size as save the reduced pic under a different filename (like animal_pic_2_sm.jpg). Then post the small pic on your web site but link it to the big picture (animal_pic_1.jpg"). When users click on the small picture the big one will load in their web browser.

If you have a WYSIWYG editor like Frontpage or Dreamweaver it should have an feature that does this automatically for you.

Make sense?

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Okay, yeah.... I get it. But I don't have a lot of space for my site and wouldn't that option require extra space for two photos of each of the 15 shots... making that 30 photos... yikes! Thats alotta space!

If the way I've done it here works, then I think I'll leave it this way. I'm not ready to spend the extra cash for an upgrade just yet. :stick_out_tongue:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Thanks PP those are very detailed pics. Even I can understand how it works:wink: I found the pic of your toes to be the most upsetting part though.....is that cheese in there?....JK :stick_out_tongue:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Awwww, thats just WRONG! :cry:

Thats not cheese, thats stuff from sticking my foot up your.... well, anyway, I think the link is about to be broken. :mad:

lol

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If the original images are still on your site they must be eating up well over 10 mb. If space is a concern then cut down the size of the large images to something like 640 x 800 pixels - big enough for most people unless it's something really detailed that has to be bigger. Do that before inserting the images in to your HTML program. Resizing pictures in an HTML editor doesn't actually reduce the filesize of the images unless there's a "resample" button you can click.