Inside the Sesame Studio: Big Bird

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Announcer: It's time for "Inside the Sesame Studio". Tonight, we focus on that legendary character, Big Bird. And here is tonights host, Guy Smiley!
Guy Smiley: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am your favorite game show host Guy Smiley, but tonight I am not hosting a game show. And here is tonights guest, Big Bird.
Big Bird: Hello, everybody.
Guy Smiley: Now let's get things started. Now, as I understand it, you weren't always smart.
Big Bird: No, I wasn't. I brought a clip that showcases how I originally was.

Segments
  • Big Bird meets Sally

Big Bird: I wasn't smart back then, but I am smarter now.
Guy Smiley: But enough about your intelligence, let's see some more clips!

Segments
  • Everyone Makes Mistakes
  • ABC-DEF-GHI (1980s version)
  • Admiral Bird

Guy Smiley: And it seems like there are a lot of special people in your life.
Big Bird: There sure are, such as my best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus.

Segments
  • My Best Friend (only the part with Big Bird and Snuffy is included)

Guy Smiley: Well, I have a surprise for you.
Big Bird: Really?
Guy Smiley: Mr. Snuffleupagus is actually inside this studio right now!
Big Bird: Oh, boy!
(Mr. Snuffleupagus shows up)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Hello, Bird!
Big Bird: Hi, Snuffy!
Mr. Snuffleupagus: I am so thrilled to be here. I hope that someday I can get my own show.
Guy Smiley: And of cours,e Big Bird, you have a lot of other friends, too!
Big Bird: That's right. Ernie and I used to play a game every day, called Journey to Ernie.

Segments
  • Journey to Ernie: farm

Guy Smiley: Ernie is here in the studio with us right now.
Big Bird: Really?
Ernie: It's true! I am here, to support your special show.
Big Bird: Wow!
Guy Smiley: And all of your other friends are here, too. Come on in everybody!
(Maria, Luis, Gabbi, Susan, Gordon, Chris, Alan, Gina, Marco, Bob, Elmo, Grover, Telly, Barkley, Little Bird, Prairie Dawn, Zoe, The Count, The Amazing Mumford, Bert, and Granny Bird all show up)
Big Bird: Wow! Many of my friends are here.
Maria: Yes, most of us are together.
Luis: That's right!
Guy Smiley: Wait a minute... Most of you are here? I thought that you were all here.
Elmo: No, Big Bird has a lot more friends than just us.
Little Bird: That's right.
Guy Smiley: Like who?
Big Bird: Well, there was my old friend, Mr. Looper.
Gordon: Hooper!
Big Bird: Oh, yeah, Hooper.

Segments
  • Big Bird accidently destroys Mr. Hooper's 10 machine

Big Bird: It was so sad when he died.

Segments
  • the adults discuss Mr. Hooper's death with Big Bird, and explain what being dead means

(everybody is crying)
Guy Smiley: Well, I think that we should move on to some more happier moments.

Segments
  • The Count counts the number of times Snuffy jumps on Big Bird's trampoline

Guy Smiley: So Big Bird has lived on Sesame Street all these years. However, there was the time when Big Bird moved away from Sesame Street.
Big Bird: Yeah, that was a sad time.
Alan: I don't remember that time.

Segments
  • Miss Finch talks Big Bird into living with a bird family
  • Maria reads Big Bird's postcard to everybody
  • Big Bird leanrs that the Dodo's won't let Mr. Snuffleupagus come over because he's not a bird
  • Kermit reports that Big Bird is headed back to Sesame Street
  • The Sesame Street cast heads to find Big Bird
  • The Sleaze Brothers decide to try to capture Big Bird
  • Miss Finch chases Big Bird into a parade
  • The Sleaze Brothers trick Big Bird into hiding in a cage, and decide to paint him blue

Guy Smiley: They painted you blue?
Big Bird: Yes, they did.
Guy Smiley: That's unsettling.
Big Bird: But luckily, after the firs tperformance two kids snuck backstage to see me.

Segments
  • two kids find Big Bird backstage
  • Big Bird's friends find out where Big Bird is

• Gordon: (voice-over during next clip) We tried to get Big Bird's cage unlocked. However, the cage was sitting on top of a truck, and as soon as we got it unlocked, the truck moved away. However, Cookie Monster had eaten the front of my car, as well as the rest of it, so I had an idea...

Segments
      • Gordon and Olivia chase after the Sleaze Brothers truck (mostly edited to focus mostly on Gordon trying to get Big Bird to jump off the truck)
      • Big Bird comes back to Sesame Street, and Maria convinces Miss Finch that Big Bird should stay on Sesame Street

Elmo: Elmo wishes that he could have been invovled with the rescue.
      Guy Smiley: Anyway, you moved back, and remained happy on Sesame Street. However, there was anothe rtime of unhappiness....
      Big Bird: Oh, I hope that you aren't going to show what I think you are going to show...

Segments
      • Big Bird finds his nest destroyed after a hurricane
      • Big Bird has a snack at Hooper's Store while the others continue helping clean the are
      • Big Bird learns that none of his friends know how to build a nest
      • Big Bird calls Granny Bird, but leanrs that it will take her three weeks to arrive, so she tells Big Bir dwhat to do
      • the nest is rebuil, but the nest inspector shuts it down until it's dry enough
      • Snuffy dries the nest
      • The nest is approved

Big Bird: It's so sad relieving those moments. I thought that this show was going to show my good memories.
      Guy Smiley: Well, how about this moment?

Segments
      • Wheels on my Feet

Big Bird: That was good. And now I'd like to show come clips from the tiems I went to China and Japan, or how about when Snuffy and I helped that prince become a star, or maybe the time I waited on the roof to see how Santa Claus gets down those chimneys....
      Guy Smiley: Well, we don't have any time for any more clips. We'll see you next time on Inside the Sesame Studio.

BEAR

Reaction score
That was good. Although, I was hoping you'd include the signature questionaire that James Lipton asks at the end of every interview. It would have been interesting to hear Big Bird's favorite word. :stick_out_tongue:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I love Big Bird! It's my favorite Sesame Street Character!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was good. Although, I was hoping you'd include the signature questionaire that James Lipton asks at the end of every interview. It would have been interesting to hear Big Bird's favorite word. :stick_out_tongue:

I have never watched the show. The main similarity between this and "Inside the Actors Studio" (I assume that's what show you are referring to) is the title. I have written other Inside the Sesame Studio epsiodes here (for "Numbers" and "The Alphabet"). I have some more planned, some for individual characters, some for certain recurring segments.

BEAR

Reaction score
I have never watched the show. The main similarity between this and "Inside the Actors Studio" (I assume that's what show you are referring to) is the title. I have written other Inside the Sesame Studio epsiodes here (for "Numbers" and "The Alphabet"). I have some more planned, some for individual characters, some for certain recurring segments.
Oh, well if you are not going for a parody at all, nevermind. Your script is still cute. You might want to check out some Inside the Actor's Studio episodes just for reference anyway just in case. At the end of each interview, James Lipton has a series of questions that he asks his guests and it's always fun and interesting to hear the celebrities answers.

The questionnaire concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire. The ten questions Lipton asks are:

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on?
What turns you off?
What sound or noise do you love?
What sound or noise do you hate?
What is your favorite curse word?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to do?
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
The program usually concludes with a question-and-answer session with the students

There is one question, you probably wouldn't want to use for a Sesame Street interview though.

Hope this helps.