Interesting Gulf War News

Luke

Reaction score
This is interesting, a few of my friends who work in news say they have all been given initial warning that Sunday or Monday night at 10pm GMT (3am Eastern) the war is going to kick off and to be prepared to break into programmes for announcements. I guess it can change upto the last minute but apparently there's a news blackout on the media mentioning this.

:flirt: <<<< "Make love not war !"
:attitude: <<<< "That's Disgusting !"

PS :- If any Iraqi's are reading, please disregard this post !

:eek:

radionate

Reaction score
We've been getting memos like that for the last 4 months or so. It makes me a nervous wreak, but out latest one said the same thing.

From the news today I kinda got the same drift.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
this so called war is only going to last a few weeks..iraq does not have the man or fire power to fight the united states...alot of the defenses were defeated by the united states over 10 years ago..hussein has to be crazy and stupid to send his people against the u.s...wait he is stupid and crazy...he's a dictator..

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
I saw Harry Belafonte on television yesterday. He is in The Netherlands now to make clear why the USA shouldn't attack Iraq. I love that man.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Art Garfunkel's been over in Europe saying why America shouldn't attack Iraq. Very eloquently stating the case for peace.
Erin

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I could NOT believe they were serious about that...:rolleyes:
Yeah, those people in France are soooooooo un-American.

I mean, who do they think they are, a sovereign nation or something?

:rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm personally to big a sissy to do anything myself, and I hate the chance of loss of life of our soldiers, but everyone who is yelling "Don't attack Iraq" has to be insane as Hussein.

:attitude: Unless I'm mistaken, 10 years or so ago he was supposed to follow the resolution by the UN and destroy all warheads, he didn't. Resolution after resolution has been passed against him, and he is absolutely NOT following through (someone who follows news better than I should speak up).

When this is the case, the UN cannot allow it to continue, and yet the USA is the only backboned enough country to do anything about it and stop his mockery of international laws.

Not only this, but he's openly admitted to having supported Bin Laden and his plights of terrorism on the world.

Should we stop the search for Bin Laden and go after Hussein? No. Go after Hussein? Heck yeah, especially if he is supporting terrorism when it kills 3000+ innocents in one country alone.

All these folks saying "No war" or shouting for "peace" are lost in the fact how he even treats his own people. How about his crazy son who had a woman brought to him and when she refused to *ahem* 'lay with him' the brat of Saddam KILLED the woman (or rather, had her killed).

I don't blame other countries for not wanting to see it happen, but for crying out loud! When it's happening ON your own soil, you should definitely NOT be out there ranting 'no revenge.'

I personally haven't had anyone lost to terrorism or war, and I don't want the casualties, but when there is the stake of more lives at hand, and you have a freak like Saddam sitting there thumbing a 'fire' button with bombs aimed at US, Europe, etc, you can't just sit there and wait til it happens.

Even now, he's way past due on his agreements based on the UN resolutions after the Gulf War.

*Awaits the flaming retorts of his comrades.* :eek: :frown:

The other thing, too; the US Military have to be drunk to just announce when they're going to attack. I suppose they don't like to sucker punch folks, I dunno. But whenever "I" attack small freaked-out dictatorship countries, I never tell when. :crazy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I definitely agree Saddam is bad news. I want that guy and his son OUT! But the idea of war makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe it's the only way... but I sure hope not. And this business with boycotting France... I don't know, that just seems silly to me.
Erin