International Sesame Street toys

Curator

Reaction score
Hello all!
I just became a registered user to this forum! I do have an important question to ask all of you. I am a Curator at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, Indiana and we are hosting a traveling exhibition on Sesame Street opening in June 2006. I am in the process of trying to find international puppet characters, but I am having no luck! I was hoping to pick all of your brains and maybe you can lead me in the right direction. I have visited the Sesame Street Workshop website's international character section and interested in purchasing some of these characters toys (if they are available) for our cultural collections. Please, please, I need help!! I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find these items!! Thanks so much!
Jennifer

Pino

Reaction score
You have luck.. I'm a big international collecotr and have some double toys... If you like to mail me about it.. please do :wink:
Greetings Paul

twidddlebug

Reaction score
Curator said:
Please, please, I need help!! I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find these items!! Thanks so much!
Jennifer
just found this on ebay,,pretty neat,,
6042858809 (ebay's item number,,cut and paste into ebay search box, i cant post url's yet)

Effralyo

Reaction score
Does anyone have Zeliboba? Does anyone have Zeliboba?????? Please teeeeeell me!... He's my dream already for ten years......

Pino

Reaction score
Do you know they made the russian sesamstreet pvc? I never saw a picture from them.. sure hope to find them :wink:

twidddlebug

Reaction score
Russian PVC's??

Pino said:
Do you know they made the russian sesamstreet pvc? I never saw a picture from them.. sure hope to find them :wink:
I've never seen them or heard about them. I would like to see them myself! :concern:

Effralyo

Reaction score
Must say, they had never made anything alike! I 'd seen only a Zelly plush doll in a certain article in 1998... By the way, there were two versions of him - in a solid mantle /Mattel/and in a "spaghetti" mantle /TYCO/.

Camellia

Reaction score
Hello Curator,

There used to be a Sesame Street store in Japan, but I believe that was closed a long time ago. Could try researching that. Germany made a lot of Sesame toys in around 1999, most were by the company Junior Toys/IGEL Toys. I'm not sure if they're still in business but you could look it up. Plaza Sesamo (mexican Sesame) did bean bags in about 1999, by a company called Play by Play, I think?

Otherwise, try the search engines and ebay, and good luck! :smile:

Camellia

Reaction score
Hi again, there's a person with the ID of "ceestopcat" at eBay. It's a toy store in The Netherlands/Holland that was selling lots of the Junior Toys/IGEL sesame and muppet line.

Curator

Reaction score
Thank you for all your suggestions! I have been looking on ebay and the internet for sometime, but haven't had any luck! Now I have specific company names, and I want to thank you all for that!! I truly appreciate it!