International skits on Youtube...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the sharing the Rechov Sumsum song Drtooth, it's great!

Ingeborg Nordén

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate two Hebrew-dubbed clips that have appeared on YouTube before, but got dropped from my favorites list because it was over 100 videos. Could anyone please find these and give me the links, please? Many thanks!

1. A dub of Kermit's "African Alphabet" song; I always thought the Hebrew version sounded awkward because (a) their alpbabet is shorter and (b) more letter names had two syllables where the English have one. Plus, I always wanted to know what their "keyword for every letter" story said! :smile:
  2. A dub of "Hace Calor (It Sure Is Hot!)"; I recall the new girl's name being changed to Elisheva on Shalom Sesame, and the key phrase being Cham me'od hayom.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ooops--I tried to link this account to my Facebook one, and created a new account instead. Could the admins please fix that somehow? :oops:

Drtooth

Reaction score
  1. A dub of Kermit's "African Alphabet" song; I always thought the Hebrew version sounded awkward because (a) their alpbabet is shorter and (b) more letter names had two syllables where the English have one. Plus, I always wanted to know what their "keyword for every letter" story said! :smile:
  2. A dub of "Hace Calor (It Sure Is Hot!)"; I recall the new girl's name being changed to Elisheva on Shalom Sesame, and the key phrase being Cham me'od hayom.
I'm REALLY hoping those videos you're looking for aren't by a certain YT user. There are 2 that have posted a LOT of Rechov Sumsum/Shalom Sesame clips... one was banned for posting some other Hebrew dubbed TV and cartoon theme song clips. I just can't remember which one, and I hope they have a backup account with the Rechov clips back up.

Seriously, the Moomin people have NO sense of humor.

EDIT... okay, Nirbas was the one who got banned (again, copyrights of OTHER things besides Rechov Sumsum, so those clips are safe for now, I guess) and it looks like HE was the one who had those two you were looking for.

anyway, at least for the trouble I took to look, "Two names are Batter than One"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmj9gHsBk4

ISNorden

Reaction score
Uh oh...here's hoping that Nirbas can upload the Sesame clips again with a new account, or that one of his unbanned friends has access to the same clips! :concern:

ISNorden

Reaction score
UPDATE: An Israeli user "dayingale" has re-uploaded the Hebrew dub of "It Sure Is Hot!" The new link is here:

http://youtu.be/Q1ksUY9EOVo

Many thanks to him for putting back one of my favorite foreign clips; I'm still amazed at how well they reworked the song and kept the Latin beat from feeling out of place. Now, here's hoping "dayingale" (or a friend of his) also has the African Alphabet dub... :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now, here's hoping "dayingale" (or a friend of his) also has the African Alphabet dub... :smile:
Oh you mean, this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN0arCn0Pvg

Not the best quality, but it IS the clip you're looking for. In fact, it was around since last year.

Anyway, I feel the "Sure is Hot" bit was far superior to all the other Hebrew dub songs they did. It wasn't "Here's a line in English! Now here's a dubbed line," and reworked the song so there's no awkwardness of the characters suddenly sounding different.

ISNorden

Reaction score
That'd be the one, all right...with no English tags on the clip and no way to type Hebrew on this keyboard, it was pretty hard for me to find (I discovered it by chance before). Thanks for helping out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh... it was in the related videos. I just recognized the scene.