1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

International skits on Youtube...

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Jul 14, 2007.

1. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

Another one:

2. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

Awesome! I like the premise of it.

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I fall behind on uploading to my Plaza Sesamo channel, mostly because I just forget to, even though I have dozens more stuff to put up. But anywho, I'm gonna add more this week in celebration of Earth Day, so here's what Willie Wimple (or Memo Mendez) sounds like in Spanish:

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

This was found a while ago:

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  5. Oscarfan

Skip ahead to 13:25 and you'll see the rare "Handful of Crumbs" with pre-Elmo in the chorus:

BradyBunchFan and gavry3 like this.
  6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

Here's that fear song in Spanish (I sadly don't think this song will ever see the light of day in English, but one can hope).

If any rate, it at least has the original music..... Though I definitely prefer the Sesame Strasse music.

7. Oscarfan

Imma chalk that up to "We heard the German version first, which sounds cool, so our perception is skewed toward that." The English still sounds good though.

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  8. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

While the German backing for the Fear skit is much more modern and intense (for its time) the original backing has that wonderful 50s/60s rock inspired sound to it. Those are some of my favorite kinds of Sesame songs! Wondering if it's a Chris Cerf or Jeff Moss composition. I'm willing to bet Chris and/or Jeff were at least vocalists in the English track.

9. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

I'm definitely guessing that's a Cerf song just from listening to the music, but don't take my word for it.

10. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I'm working on separating and uploading some of the international Sesame Street clips from the Tony Geiss tapes. Here's one of the 3 Canadian highlights.