Ipod help

vaati64

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am having some Ipod troubles and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have had a 5th generation 30 gb black Ipod since June of 07. Just recently, the battery hasn't been alive for the expected time. For example, just last night, I fully recharged my Ipod, and watched as my battery life went from full, to 3/4's, to half! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get this resolved. Do I maybe have to get a new battery? Thanks so much to anyone that can help!:smile:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Try resetting your iPod by holding down the center button and the play/pause button. It turns it off and then on basically; not really "restarting" it like it sounds. Then check the battery. You can also call iPod support at www.apple.com/support or call their 1800 number.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I sounds like it is dying...Once a Ipods battery dies there is really nothing you can do but get a new ipod :frown:

vaati64

Reaction score
Try resetting your iPod by holding down the center button and the play/pause button. It turns it off and then on basically; not really "restarting" it like it sounds. Then check the battery. You can also call iPod support at www.apple.com/support or call their 1800 number.

ok, thanks! I might try that:smile:

vaati64

Reaction score
I sounds like it is dying...Once a Ipods battery dies there is really nothing you can do but get a new ipod :frown:

ok, sound like I need to add a new ipod to my christmas list. Either that, or there is a website that sells an ipod battery kit for 29.99, so I might try that as well

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah, if it's trully dead, then no harm in "harming" it if you try to change the battery with one of those "do it yourself ipod battery change instructins" things that you find around the place. I know we have some in a computer magazine we have. So yeah. if that fails...yeah new ipod.