Is Frozen overrated?

mspiggy101

Reaction score
Oh what, you mean a fractured fairy tale full of pop culture parodies? Tangled refreshingly isn't that at all, though it was going to be in development when Shrek was still popular.

What the did I just watch????

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah during the film I was thinking this is good I guess but Tangled is great. It was funnier, the plot was intense when it came to where she goes back home, and to me I liked it way better.
Believe me, we're not the only ones!
http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/16/fact-tangled-is-a-far-better-movie-than-frozen/

http://whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-frozen-definitely-disneys-best-animated-movie-decade.php

There are a bunch more articles that talk about why Tangled is better, but these are a couple that really stick out.

Sesamemuppetfan-it's Lmag42, but just call me Leo.
Oh, my mistake!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
:mad: YES EXTREMELY WHICH IS WHY I LOATH AND DESPISE THE KIDDY FILM!!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I enjoyed Frozen enough, though I agree with DrTooth that Maleficent is WAY more overrated. Not so much by the actual movie critics, though. That movie was no where near as good as people make it out to be, there were quite a few goofy little plot holes and don't get me started on those three fairies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh what, you mean a fractured fairy tale full of pop culture parodies? Tangled refreshingly isn't that at all, though it was going to be in development when Shrek was still popular.
It may not have turned out that way, but it sure as heck was marketed like it. As I've always said, Disney gets crap for making princess movies, and then Disney gets even more crap for not making Princess movies. But this time, they tried to aggressively market the film to a male audience that wouldn't be interested in princess movies by over-emphasizing the humorous moments, and I'm sure that drove away some girls as well. Certainly didn't draw me in, and I really regret it because I could have seen Tangled, but opted for something much worse that I'm not even going to mention, as I've basically spewed all my bile at that movie all over this board. But between Tangled and Princess and the Frog, the princess thing turned off audiences, more so for P&F due to the second Chipmunks movie being released the same week (or in the same 2 week period, I forget)... especially when they gave the cushy pre-Thanksgiving spot to Jim Carrey in Robert Zemeckis ruins A Christmas Carol.

But then again, Frozen did manage to find a much wider audience. Maybe for Olaf, whatever... But since this is the "let's dump on Frozen because it's popular thread," it's getting the same predictable hype aversion. And that's something more deserved of something truly awful. I never liked Pocahontas, and I'm humongously vocal about my hatred of that film (which I was pretty much dragged to). The same guy who almost made Toy Story an unwatchable sadist show basically wanted an Oscar Bait movie. So history got mangled even more so than the Pocahontas myth we all heard for the purpose of a narmy, cliche ridden, preachfest that had even less restraint than Captain Planet.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Oh, not this nonsense again. Just because something is popular doesn't mean people who liked it can't say anything about it (and even people who liked it can't say it had problems). I'm sick to death of that. I haven't even seen Frozen yet, but a lot of their overzealous fandom is making me not want to (I've said in another thread how overzealous fanbrats can be at least part of what ruins something for me, I digress). I wish some people with that mentality would climb off their high horses.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fandoms suck. All I can say there. They ruin their own thing by obsession and create their own hatebase.

But the thing about dumping on something popular is this. How do we distinguish between people who hate something because it's popular and people who genuinely have a logical complain about the movie? I used to actually be the former. And it sucked. I missed out on a lot of stuff I actually could have enjoyed. Personally, I'm more against things that nobody likes that studios shove in everyone's face and make them like it. And not get the hint and force it even harder. Why I hate Planes, right there.