Is it ALL for Bush?

Teheheman

Reaction score
But that's ALL politicians, it's not JUST one person. But, you sometimes gotta pick the lesser of 2 evils in your mind. Personally, I think that if as many people who DIDN'T vote and are complaining, voted in this last election, we wouldn't be talking about Bush would we?

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't believe in the lesser of two evils in these cases. Gore might not have brought us into Iraq. But I did not want him to be President.

I want to make it clear that I do think voting is important, as Teheheman said. Like I said, voting on important issues is extremely crucial. I'm more talking about the Presidential vote.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well, i'll let you "grown-ups" handle the voting. I'm not 18 yet so i'm still a child. Lucky me! I'll deal with that when I'm old enough.:smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Personally I hope the fact that a lot of people aren't voting will motivate the government to try harder.
I doubt this will work.. politicans don't care much about the people who do vote once the elections over, so they're surely not going to care about people who don't vote

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even pally's got a good point too! Wow, everyone's got good points tonight!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know how likely it is either. Of course, I think the country will eventually spiral down, like the Roman Empire. So no matter what, we'll have to start over at some point.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but doesn't mean that your vote doesn't count. People are complaining about the president and stuff like they didn't have the power to do anything about it. We are the GREATEST country in the world, we have the right to vote our leaders in and if they don't do a good enough job, we can vote other people in who we think is the right person. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but if you wanna say that voting doesn't change anything, then don't vote. But don't complain about the outcome.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For me, it's just that I honestly don't trust these people running, I don't feel I have anyone to vote for.

Plus, the President actually can't change a lot of things by the nature of his position. A lot of changes in society happen within the society, not just through the government.

anytimepally

Reaction score
since I did vote, I can complain, right? .. and on a personal note, I also finished second in a local election for the State House of Representatives last November