Is It Possible To Date/Marry A Non Muppet Fan?

beaker

Reaction score
I was thinking...I know opposites attract, but I realized I don't think there's any way I could be with someone who wasn't at least somewhat a fan of the Muppets or Jim Henson's body of work. To me it's a litmus test if someone is kind, warm, imaginative, silly, loving and believes in the things I believe in. The Muppets have been at the core of my heart and life for almost 34 years, but I'd rather go another 34 years alone then be stuck with someone who thought the Muppets "creepy" or "annoying" or "old baby" stuff as a lot of girls have said to me.

So for those who have Muppet loving significant others, don't let them go! And I hope everyone can find a date to the opening of the new Muppet film!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:laugh:

Sorry, but this thread made me laugh so much! XD

You do have a point, opposites attract, and I can see what you mean, it would probably be difficult to be with someone who doesn't necessarily share the exact same interests as you, especially when it comes to the Muppets, but I think a meaningful relationship she be judged more on compatibility, rather than whether or not your significant other likes the Muppets, or anything else you may be interested in... for example, someone I've had my eyes and heart on for nearly two years now is completely obsessive (maybe compulsive) over anime, while I couldn't care less, but otherwise, we have a lot of little things (quirks, traits, characteristics, etc) in common, we get along really well, and have been really good friends for almost three years now.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think a mutual like of something is nice and can help the relationship blossom more, its not necessarily mandatory, this is going to get me some flak, but most of my ex's have either not liked the muppets or been really minor fans...but we worked around it....except for one who wanted me to drop everything and move to a farm fortified for the zombie apocolypse, but lets not talk about it

dont get me a wrong a girl tells me she likes the muppets while on a date its def some major points in my book, seeing this girl right now who is a muppet fan

beaker

Reaction score
No no, I think you guys missed my point. Of course a relationship should be based on a whole layering of important things...and of course you're not going to share all the same likes. But there's just a fundamental strength of character I see with Muppet fans...they tend to be warm, fun going people. A girl who said "eww, why are you into that stuff?" to me is a litmus test.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A girl who said "eww, why are you into that stuff?" to me is a litmus test.
Well yeah, that's more about personality type than an interest in the Muppets. For me, as long as the person is willing to tolerate my interest and watch the Muppets with me...whenever I want...I'll be fine, lol.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm a single gal and I admit it would be wonderful if I had a special somebody that wouldn't mind watching Muppet movies all day or going to see the Muppets in 3D thing at Disney World a dozen times :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Well yeah, that's more about personality type than an interest in the Muppets. For me, as long as the person is willing to tolerate my interest and watch the Muppets with me...whenever I want...I'll be fine, lol.
id say this goes for me as well...i dont have to date a muppet fan, but as long as they dont try to change my interests and can live with it its ok

robodog

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware that people existed that didn't like the Muppets until I casually made a Muppets reference when a gaming buddy of mine were together playing Xbox and he said "I hate the Muppets". I was shocked. I had been on this planet a little more than twenty years by that point and had never once met anyone that didn't like the Muppets. I quickly pointed out that we do not speak ill of the Muppets or the works of Jim Henson in my presence and we agreed to disagree.
I can't say whether or not I could date or marry someone that dislikes the Muppets because I'm too much of an antisocial loner to date at all due to several bad experiences with people, but I do know that I'd be more accepting of a Muppet fan than a non Muppet fan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware that people existed that didn't like the Muppets until I casually made a Muppets reference when a gaming buddy of mine were together playing Xbox and he said "I hate the Muppets". I was shocked. I had been on this planet a little more than twenty years by that point and had never once met anyone that didn't like the Muppets.
No offense, but where in the world are you from? I mean, it's kind of an unwritten "rule" amongst people that when you're growing up, the Muppets are only acceptable up until you're in Grade 1... Grade 2 maybe, depending on the class, but after that, the Muppets are considered "off limits" because they're for "babies", and by then, you shouldn't watch "baby" shows, otherwise, you're a "baby".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No offense, but where in the world are you from? I mean, it's kind of an unwritten "rule" amongst people that when you're growing up, the Muppets are only acceptable up until you're in Grade 1... Grade 2 maybe, depending on the class, but after that, the Muppets are considered "off limits" because they're for "babies", and by then, you shouldn't watch "baby" shows, otherwise, you're a "baby".
I must be from that same world because I haven't really met anyone who hated the Muppets either, lol. Even one kid in 5th grade who claimed to hate Muppet Babies quickly started singing the theme song to himself, lol.