Is Kermit still on Sesame Street?

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Just wondering... is he still doing his thing on Sesame Street?

-SPEEGS

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, for the first time ever, he was not used AT ALL last season!:frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ssetta, do you mean last year's last season, or the current last season. Yeah, no Froggy in sight! He did appear on a few old Sesame News Flashes, and as a reporter (with Al Roker!) on the hurricane episode.

I think it has something to do with EMTV (hissss!!! Evil! Almost as evil as the red hot I). Since they gave back the Sesame Street Muppets to CTW, I don't think it is possible that our Frog will return. Unless of course, whoever buys Henson is willing to share.

BTW, The Sesame and Muppet Gang (including Dr. Teeth!) both appeared in the We are Family video!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Characters from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock were all on Muppet Family Christmas too

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
As I understand it, it is still possible for Kermit to appear on Sesame Street. But Henson charges Sesame Workshop a pretty penny for the privilege. Sesame Street can use the old Kermit Street footage, but new scenes aren't real likely-- just too expensive given the cuts in funding to public television in general and the amount of money the Workshop paid to gain control of the Sesame Street Muppets before they were sold off to the higher bidder by EMTV. The hurricane was a special segment and I guess the Workshop felt it was worth the money to use Kermit for that-- plus, wasn't that filmed before they bought the Sesame Muppets? so they had more cash available for those sorts of things at the time.

It's sad, but better to have a mostly-frogless Sesame Street than no Sesame Street at all.

Splurge

Reaction score
At least we can see past appearances in commercial videos and Noggin Unpaved. "The Best of Kermit" is a must-see!

Kermit clips have been shown on Play With Me Sesame. One recently showed Kermit and Grover teaching "short time" and "long time".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
As I understand it, it is still possible for Kermit to appear on Sesame Street. But Henson charges Sesame Workshop a pretty penny for the privilege.
Oh, great and Skilled Quilter, I hear what you say, HOWEVER, they have Robert DeNero, Woopie GOldberg and such on the show. I mean, those guys are great. But they can afford the Gaa Gaa Dolls and Lip'Sync and other flash in the pan musicians but they won't shell out for an appearance of the great Kermit the Frog?

Besides, can't they make it back by charging Henson to use the Sesame Muppets?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Oh, great and Skilled Quilter, I hear what you say, HOWEVER, they have Robert DeNero, Woopie GOldberg and such on the show. I mean, those guys are great. But they can afford the Gaa Gaa Dolls and Lip'Sync and other flash in the pan musicians but they won't shell out for an appearance of the great Kermit the Frog?
The celebs who appear on Sesame Street appear at bargain basement rates (SAG scale). Assuming Henson was willing to let Steve Whitmire do the same I am sure they would have Kermit on, however if what Muppet Quilter is saying is correct then that's not the case.

Considering what Henson (EMTV) made Sesame pay for the Sesame Street characters, I'd wonder why they'd want to use their brand (Sesame Street) to promote that of someone who was ready to sell of their characters to the highest bidder (Henson in the form of Kermit the Frog).

Just my 2 cents.

mikealan

Reaction score
I think I know what Kermit said on the Family Fued game

Well, when we went to Florida to visit Grandma's, Kermit says, "Well, I'll never go back to Sesame Street again!" on the preview of the Family Fued game with Louie Anderson as the game show host. Maybe THAT'S why Kermit has left off the street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the deal. They let Kermit be on the show, and SW let's Henson use the Sesame Muppets in other projects.

It took a cartoonist to think of that! And business people actually FINISH college?