Is the Incredibles the greatest Pixar movie ever?

What is the best pixar film

• The incredibles

• Toy story trilogy

• Up

• Inside out

• Monsters inc

• Finding nemo

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
In my opinion the incredibles is the best pixar film and I'm wondering if anyone shares the same opinions. If not what is the best pixar film and why

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen every Pixar movie up until WALL-E, since then, with the exception of TS3, BRAVE, and FINDING DORY, I haven't seen any of the more recent ones.

Personally, I really don't feel like Pixar ever missed a beat with their movies (though, in retrospect, A BUG'S LIFE is their weakest, IMO) - each one brings something unique and different to the plate that helps them stand out from the others: MONSTER'S, INC. has an engaging story that satirizes the childhood notion of monsters in the closet as part of their corporate world; FINDING NEMO and WALL-E have some absolutely gorgeous, eye-candy animation; THE INCREDIBLES gives an insightful look into the world of superheroes (and villains), not to mention that both it and RATATOUILLE have ever-so-slightly more mature, almost Don Bluth-esque stories with subtext to them.

It's really hard to say just which of their movies is the greatest, because they really hit some homeruns with so many of them, I really can't remember ever being disappointed with the ones I've seen. I still feel bad about not seeing UP!, but that turned out to be one of those movies where I missed out on a number of opportunities to see it in theaters that it eventually disappeared, and once it came out on DVD and later cable, I lost interest altogether.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
You need to see inside out its fu*king insane personally Cars 2 is the weakness of pixar even though I'd watch that over bugs life.Also if you want stunning animation watch the good dinosaur it's stunning
I've seen every Pixar movie up until WALL-E, since then, with the exception of TS3, BRAVE, and FINDING DORY, I haven't seen any of the more recent ones.

Personally, I really don't feel like Pixar ever missed a beat with their movies (though, in retrospect, A BUG'S LIFE is their weakest, IMO) - each one brings something unique and different to the plate that helps them stand out from the others: MONSTER'S, INC. has an engaging story that satirizes the childhood notion of monsters in the closet as part of their corporate world; FINDING NEMO and WALL-E have some absolutely gorgeous, eye-candy animation; THE INCREDIBLES gives an insightful look into the world of superheroes (and villains), not to mention that both it and RATATOUILLE have ever-so-slightly more mature, almost Don Bluth-esque stories with subtext to them.

It's really hard to say just which of their movies is the greatest, because they really hit some homeruns with so many of them, I really can't remember ever being disappointed with the ones I've seen. I still feel bad about not seeing UP!, but that turned out to be one of those movies where I missed out on a number of opportunities to see it in theaters that it eventually disappeared, and once it came out on DVD and later cable, I lost interest altogether.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, the Cars movies are so weak, I didn't even think of them. :stick_out_tongue:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
The first and third are two of my favourite films I loved the third one a lot in my opinion the weakest is cars 2 then bugs life thenow Brave
Yeah, the Cars movies are so weak, I didn't even think of them. :stick_out_tongue:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Honestly, Toy Story and its sequels are probably the greatest Pixar film(s). While I do like The Incredibles for its humorous and clever take on superhero movies, Toy Story is just not something to underestimate. Seriously, the 100%, 100% and 99% on Rotten Tomatoes should prove it. If we're going by dazzling visuals in addition to wonderful storytelling, then I suppose Finding Nemo or Wall-E would be the greatest. But Toy Story...you can't beat that.

First one's not bad, but you could say that about the second one for sure! :wink:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
WALL-E is the best Pixar movie IMO, with The Incredibles and Finding Nemo following very close behind.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but I think Up is kinda overrated (but nowhere near as much as Frozen). I mean, it's a great movie and all, but I think it was only critically acclaimed because of the opening scene. Everything else after that almost seems like a different movie entirely.

BTW, It seems like, ever since The Good Dinosaur, Pixar's movies haven't been as good as they used to be. Hopefully Coco and The Incredibles 2 will get them back on track.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Cars 3 felt different from the others for me it actually made me feel like I was watching a great pixar film. I haven't seen walle since I was about 10 and didn't really understand it so I may have to watch it again
WALL-E is the best Pixar movie IMO, with The Incredibles and Finding Nemo following very close behind.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but I think Up is kinda overrated (but nowhere near as much as Frozen). I mean, it's a great movie and all, but I think it was only critically acclaimed because of the opening scene. Everything else after that almost seems like a different movie entirely.

BTW, It seems like, ever since The Good Dinosaur, Pixar's movies haven't been as good as they used to be. Hopefully Coco and The Incredibles 2 will get them back on track.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of them. My favorites would have to be the Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Monsters University and my least favorite would have to be A Bug's Life because I find it boring (Saw it in 6th grade) and still do.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I like MU but I personally don't feel we needed it.but then again it was still probably better than circle 7s version of monsters inc 2
I've seen a lot of them. My favorites would have to be the Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Monsters University and my least favorite would have to be A Bug's Life because I find it boring (Saw it in 6th grade) and still do.