Is there a 2009 Muppet Calendar?

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a US 2009 Muppet Calendar this year? :confused: I have looked at calendars.com and a number of mall kiosks and have yet to find any! :eek:

cesjones

Reaction score
Yes there is one. I got mine on Amazon.com. I have had a Muppet Calendar for the last 3 years and I love it. I refuse to buy any other calendar! HOWEVER, the weeks start on Monday. It is so hard to look at when I have been looking at a calendar that starts on Sunday all my life. This has screwed me up and it is only January 8th! From what I gather, they switched companies...last year's calendar was from DateWorks, this year is from some Danilo company over seas somewhere. I got a cheapo calendar and cut off the days and taped over the month in the Muppet calendar. This way I get to see the fun pics, but I can also read the calendar! I so badly want to contact whomever to beg them to never to use Danilo again and go back to DateWorks as they did last year! Anyone know who to email or call? And furthermore, I noticed missing holidays...like Thanksgiving!

:eek:

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Unfortunately - what you have is the UK calendar. On a trip to London 2 years ago I saw they were selling a Muppet calendar different from the one available stateside, but it was laid out differently from US calendars and featured different holidays!:sympathy:Seeing as Thanksgiving is a US holiday, it makes sense a UK calendar wouldn't have it.:eek:

I am sad that there was NO US version this year! I loved my Muppet day by day calendar last year. It was great to show my Muppet love at work!:insatiable:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You're right. This is a UK calendar. I hadn't noticed. I like mine okay, but I don't see why they keep slapping on all the same few pictures, and in such an ugly way, for every calendar. Wish I'd gotten the Fraggle one instead. :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're right. This is a UK calendar. I hadn't noticed. I like mine okay, but I don't see why they keep slapping on all the same few pictures, and in such an ugly way, for every calendar. Wish I'd gotten the Fraggle one instead. :coy:
Exactly. We need NEW shots of every character.. new Muppet Parodies. Come on, people... :big_grin: I wanna see a Muppet calendar I feel sorry throwing away on December 31st.

(That said, I wound up getting s Flinstones one)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. We need NEW shots of every character.. new Muppet Parodies. Come on, people... :big_grin: I wanna see a Muppet calendar I feel sorry throwing away on December 31st.

(That said, I wound up getting s Flinstones one)
You know, there's enough high quality photography already that could fill dozens of calendars. I'm all for new parodies and shoots, but how lazy can these graphic design monkeys be when using the same images over-and-over-and-over again? There are enough Pepe images to give him his own calendar! The same goes for Scooter and Gonzo too. Even the Mayhem. Sometimes I just don't get it. They just dump the graphics on to a super-saturated background and stamp some dates on it.

You know what I'd love? A calendar of Muppet movie posters. It would also be cool if they lifted the versions from around the world. We know there's enough to fill 6 months and the other 6 can be the B versions. I'd love to see a Japanese language calendar print of the Great Muppet Caper!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what I'd love? A calendar of Muppet movie posters. It would also be cool if they lifted the versions from around the world. We know there's enough to fill 6 months and the other 6 can be the B versions. I'd love to see a Japanese language calendar print of the Great Muppet Caper!

Me, I'd love to see that bizzare Polish (or was it Czechoslovakian?) THe Muppet Movie poster that once floated around the internet as one of the months.

But that's a brilliant idea... even if they have a a big photo of Muppet memorabilia at one point... there's so much more to see than the same stock photos.