Is there a Muppet Easter Special?

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Okay, I've been meaning to post this since I joined.
I keep forgetting, so I'll do it now.

I'm thinking of an Easter show. I was flipping thru the channels back in the summer of '90 or '91 and I heard Jim Henson voice.
It was on Nickelodeon's 'Special Delivery' (i miss that show).
They always played some great movies and specials. Like 'The Monster Maker'.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure that Jim Henson was the voice of the Easter Bunny.
E.B. had a son that was acting as a magician, trying to make easter eggs, but only could make jelly beans instead.
There was a character called J.R.? I dunno if the hens went on strike or something, but there wern't enough eggs for easter.
So, someone came up with kids coloring their own eggs.
Then the easter bunny was just going to deliver jelly beans.
I remember there were some songs. I think about about that one a lot.
It was a really cute show and really funny. I never saw the beginning, so don't know the name or even if it ever went to video.

Anyone recall this one? I'll post more if I think of something else...

Have a spiffy day and a happy holiday!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It's "The Tale of The Bunny Picnic" a kiddy 80's special. First appearance of Bean Bunny!

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
nope. that's not it.
i bought 'the tale of the bunny picnic' a few years ago thinking that was the one, but that's not it.

the one i'm thinking of is actually about the easter bunny, easter eggs, and all that jazz.
and i don't think bean bunny is in this special.

i wish i would have got the title of it, but can't seem to find it anywhere. that's why i thought i'd ask here.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
nope. that's not it.
i bought 'the tale of the bunny picnic' a few years ago thinking that was the one, but that's not it.

the one i'm thinking of is actually about the easter bunny, easter eggs, and all that jazz.
and i don't think bean bunny is in this special.

i wish i would have got the title of it, but can't seem to find it anywhere. that's why i thought i'd ask here.
I think it was from Paul Fusco, the man behind ALF. He did several of these holiday puppet specials, including an Independence Day one about a boy kidnapped by aliens.

"What's a menagerie? Is that like men's lingere?"