Is This the Fur Used for Abby Cadabby?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was browsing through fabric.com's selection of various fabrics to see if I might find anything I might like to use in the future for puppets and such, and I came across a selection of fabric called Minky Muchie - it's a rather short, and rather fine fur that looked a lot like the fur that was used for Abby Caddaby. Do you think that might have been what they used?

goshposh

Reaction score
I believe they order white fur and then they dye it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean is this Minky Muchie stuff the specific kind of fur they used for Abby, like how antron in the specific fleece used for most Muppets?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think what GoshPosh means is that they tend to custom dye and treat fur so they can get exactly the colour and look they want. So you're not likely to walk in to a store and find many of the fabrics that the Muppets are made with because most aren't bought off the shelf.

Melonpool

Reaction score
But -- if it works for you, I say use it. Just because it;s what the Muppets do, doesn't make it the only way to do it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I actually wasn't planning on using it myself really, I was just asking out of curiosity, because again, this Minky Muchie fabric looks strikingly similar to Abby's fur.