Is today's Sesame Street still funny?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I watch some of these of these old skits, and they are absolutely hysterical; on par with the golden age of The Simpsons.

How hilarious was Ernie drawing the five legs on the dog? The kids learn, while the parents get a chuckle.

Like Ernie was an A-hole... he was just drawing five legs on the dog to irritate Bert, lol; like he's got nothing better to do.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Since the total uprooting in season 46, I'd say...kinda? I feel like there was a little more of an attempt to add comedy to the show this season, but the spoofs are pretty much dead (on the show at least; there's plenty of stuff online they'll be doing) and there's like none of the funny one-liners, quips, puns, etc. that are in the Muppet tradition.

It's definitely something from the creative directors / producers above. There's no way the material produced under Joey Mazzarino's pen would've been so lacking in humor. Those Smart Cookies bits should've been an easy way to make jokes and they're all just, "eh."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I only watch bits and pieces of modern Sesame episodes, so really.... I guess it's all a matter of taste.