is Van Neuter gay???????

grail

Reaction score
if he is, or isn't, who cares?

he's a puppet, not a person. a fictional character that is neither gay nor straight until whoever's writing the story decides to make it so. it's not been written in, so it doesn't exist.

no offense, but i think it's really a silly question to be asking in the first place...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well it is kind of obvious. the way he acts. remember him in Muppets From Space. but i'm NOT homophobic or anything. ****, i have some gay friends!

Luke

Reaction score
With a name like Neuter i don't think he's anything ..... besides maybe sore !

Anyway why do you want to know ? Are you another one of these puppet fetishists hanging around here ? I could recommend you a store that sells foam rubber of you like. :rolleyes:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
well it is kind of obvious. the way he acts. remember him in Muppets From Space. but i'm NOT homophobic or anything. ****, i have some gay friends!
that may be true, but the fact that you're qualifying them as your "gay friends" is an insult...wether you mean it to be or not. i have friends. some of them do happen to be gay. it doesn't define them, it's just part of who they are, i like who they are, so they get to be my friend.

i'm sorry if it seems like i'm bashing you, i'm honestly not trying to. but one of the things that makes me the maddest is when people start qualifying other people. then you get "black friends", "gay friends", "jewish friends", "yellow with polka dot friends"...why can't people just say "friend" and leave it at that? why do we have to fill these categories with people like they're on a checklist or something.

"well, i've got a black friend, a female friend, i've got an asian friend who is also a gay friend...hmm...that's almost everyone. i still need a hispanic friend to finish the set though."

that's what this sounds like to me, and i hate it...it's the worst possible reason to make a friend, and true friendships never come out of it.

and by the way...making sure to point out that you're not a homophobe, is NOT the way to get people to believe you. you want people to believe you, then don't bring it up in the first place. because unless you personally are romantically attached to a person, their sexuality shouldn't be an issue...

you want my opinion (which i'm sure by now, you don't)...making sure to point out that you have "gay friends" is almost as horrible and disgusting a remark as "i don't hate black people...i've got a color TV". it's an insult. why are they your "gay friends"? when do they become just your "friends"? why are there always adjectives in the way?

again, i apologize if i seem a bit harsh. i'm sure that to you, it seemed like an innocent question...but this is something that i have seen in a lot of chats, and it has ALWYAS bugged me. thankfully i'm established enough in here that i can actually say something about it, and hopefully everyone will realize that i'm not trying to be a jerk about it, or force my opinions on someone else, but i'm just trying to help open a mind or two.

now you want a REAL fun discussion...remind me to tell you sometime about the time my dad and i almost got into a fight because i made the simple statement: "i'm a man, i can't physically have children, so my opinion doesn't actually mean squat...it's not my call." (yeah...i'm an opinionated S.O.B.)

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I don't think people think of the Puppet's sexual orientation all that much. The only time love and romance etc comes into it is when you see two of them as a couple i.e. Kermit/Miss Piggy or Flloyd/Janice. In my 21 years as a muppet fan I have never once sat down and wondered about the muppets in that way.

It just doesn't seem such a big deal when it comes to muppets.

Joggy

Reaction score
I too think all that character homosexuality talk is useless. But in this case, I can give the answer.

Dr. Phil Van Neuter is not homosexual. He has a relationship with Mulch's sister (?) Composta Heap. As seen in the Muppets Tonight episode guest starring John Goodman.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well, i'm sorry bout the "gay friends" thing. i just was just wondering about phil. it's the Ernie & Bert thing that ****** me off, everyone thinking THEY'RE gay. THEY'RE PUPPETS OF KIDS!!!!!!!