"It All Belonged Together..."

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Over the years, I have set several goals for myself. Some I've met with some measure of success, others... well, failed miserably. One such goal that comes to mind can be found in the thread entitled Diet Time. Oy! By the way, this is still my goal, I just haven't seen it through very well yet. :smirk: I will, though. That's my determination for the coming year.

Anyway, this past year has been an extremely difficult one for me. Not only me, but my family as well. Between family problems, work problems, the stress and pressures of life, and... well, other things, there has been a lot of difficulties here over the last year. Alot of things that, for some reason, are only just recently really starting to eat at me, and causing somewhat of an emotional strain.

Now, I don't mean to be posting this to vent. In fact, I certainly hope to not burden you all with my personal problems. My reason for posting this thread was because I just read something that I'd read before, but didn't really give much thought to.

In the book "It's Not Easy Being Green (and other things to consider)", Lisa Henson is quoted as saying: "(Jim) thought it all belonged together; work and family, kids and adults, fun and projects." A seemingly simple thing to say, and perhaps not the best example for this, but it is filled with wonderful advice. It made me think. Jim always looked at the best in everything, and tried to combine the things he loved with whatever he was doing so the bad didn't seem quite so bad. It's a way that I would like to live my life, and I've set it as another goal. I do believe that there are things in life that are bad no matter how you look at them, but... perhaps this helps us appreciate the good things we have.

As I write this, though, I find myself almost in tears. I'm thinking again of one of those bad from every angle sort of things, and I find it difficult to stick to this goal. It is the way life should be, I think. You should always look for the best in what you have, even if you don't have it. It's something I intend to work on.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*hugs*

Those are some great words...man I miss Jim...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
thanks, Beau. Anything to do with Jim Henson or the Muppets usually helps cheer me up, so I figured I'd post it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
thanks. :smile:

I have to say, I'm not doing a very good job at it yet. Gotta keep at it.

Katzi428

Reaction score
((((Super Scooter)))))
We're here for you when you want to vent.Hey...what are "familes" for (even if we're not blood related,right?)
And btw I got the book,"It's Not Easy Being Green (and other things to consider)" slightly early for Christmas. Great book,huh?
Take care.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thanks.

"I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality and that everything works out for the best. I know I drive some people crazy with what seems to be ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked for me."​

Another quote from Jim Henson, featured in the books It's Not Easy Being Green and Before You Leap.

"Ridiculous optimism". I think it's a wonderful way to live, and Jim was right. I do still believe there are things in life that are bad no matter how you look at them, and maybe Jim did, too. But why focus on that when there's still some wonderful things in life.

"It's a wonderful life and I love it."​
-Jim Henson​

Skye

Reaction score
That's really sweet... I love the attitude Jim had.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems this year, Justin. And don't feel bad about venting a little bit. That's what we're all here for... to listen! The very best of luck to you with everything. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I know, I just feel uncomfortable with it.

(besides, trust me, you don't really want to know)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Er, I don't really mean to keep drawing any undue attention to myself, but I just keep finding stuff I wish I could have put in my first post. It really applies, I think...

Jim Henson and the Muppets have always been there for me, in more ways then I think they ever even intended to. I don't know why, and maybe it even sounds a little silly. I feel comfortable and comforted by the Muppets. Now, this deffenitely sounds silly, but it's as if they exist for me. Like they were made for me, and those bright, colorful, zany, sweet, wonderful creatures are intended to help anyone who needs it. Whether they're teaching a lesson, or just making you laugh, or even cry, for that matter, the Muppets are always there to help.

I'd like to quote Before You Leap, if you don't mind. In it, Kermit the Frog writes the simple, and beautiful statement that follows, with which I whole-heartedly agree:

"I truly believe that because of Jim and his dreams, the world really is a better place- not just for me but for all of us.
No matter what happens in my life, Jim will always be the biggest part of what I do and who I am. And I know that in my heart he'll live forever. Thanks, Jim. I miss you and I love you."​