It Feels Like Christmas

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 1: A Cup of Kindness That We Share With Each Other

"Yep, right over there guys, no! Over there! Not by the window! No! Over there! By the-" a craking noise is heard. "Lawn chair," Scooter sighed. He turned around and shook his head.

Sweetums hopped over trying to pull the lawn chair off his foot. "Sorry 'bout that," he grunted.

Scooter sighed and scribbled something on his clipboard. "That's ok Sweetums, at least the snowman survived," Scooter turned to Sweetums.

"I wouldn't count on it," Sweetums pointed to an inflated inflatable snowman on the ground where Pepe and Rizzo the Rat were standing.

"So you see Pepe, that's why you don't eat the yellow snow," Rizzo told the prawn.

"Si, si," Pepe nodded. "But what about dis perfectly white lump of snow here? Can jou eat dat snow?" Pepe asked Rizzo.

Rizzo rubbed his hands together and smacked his lips. "You sure can! This snow here is grade A my crustacean friend!" Rizzo said as he sunk his teeth into the inflated snowman. Air started to leak out and the snowman and Rizzo both were sent flying through the air.

"Good grief," Scooter smacked his head.

"Ah!!" Rizzo screamed as he flew through the air. "I hate these Christmas specials!!"

Scooter shook his head and crossed something on the list off. Meanwhile, the snowman ran out of air and crashed into a pile of snow in the front yard of the Muppet boarding house.

Sweetums laughed as he pulled the lawn chair off his foot, he started to walk away and threw the chair behind him. It landed right on top of the deflated snowman.

Scooter sighed and started to walk over to where Rizzo lay. "I sure hope Kermit's having better luck than I am," Scooter said.

The truth was, Kermit was having better luck than Scooter, which was a real surprise considering the current company he had at the Muppet Theater.

"Beauregard," George the Janitor called. "Make sure we don't blow a fuse!"

Beaureard stood at the circuit box and scratched his head. "Is that like blowing out a candle?" he asked.

Clifford put a plug into an outlet and a whole string of multi-colored lights turned on above the stage. "No man, it's like-oh never mind," Clifford sighed. He turned around and looked at the rest of the theater.

A fully trimmed Christmas tree sat in the middle of the theater where Uncle Deadly topped it off with a star on top, while above the doors some rats hung garlen. "Man, this is gonna be our best Christmas show ever," Clifford smiled.

Kermit walked out onto the stage and looked at the decorations, even the balcony had a wreath hanging in the middle of it. "Wow guys, it looks great," Kermit smiled. "Keep it up."

Clifford laughed and gave the frog a thumb's up. "No problem Kerm, you just go perfect that script of yours aight?"

Kermit laughed. "I'll do that Cliff," Kermit said. But as he walked back to his desk backstage he realized that this would be one of their first shows without Jerry writing the script. He shook the thought from his head, no time for that now.

He took his place behind his desk again and began writing some more. It was no sooner than he began doing that, when The Great Gonzo came running up to him.

"Kermit! Kermit! Kermit!" Gonzo cried.

Kermit sighed and shook his head, he knew that this would be Gonzo's eighth attempt to convince Kermit to let him do a stunt in the Christmas show.

"What is it now Gonzo?" Kermit asked him.

"I just wanted to say, merry Christmas," Gonzo said.

Kermit did a double take. "What? No 'This stunt will be great all I need is 479 pounds of lime gelatin and a porcupine?'"

"Of course! I just wanted to soften you up first, so Kermit, can I do a stunt in the Christmas show? All I need are a partridge in a pear tree, two turtle doves, three French hens, four calling birds, five golden rings, six geese a-laying, seven swans a-swimming, eight maids a milking, nine lords a-leaping, ten ladies dancing, eleven pipers piping, and twelve drummers drumming!" Gonzo said in one breath.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Gonzo I really don't think our budget can handle that-" Kermit started to say.

"Well I could cut back! Take anything but the French hens!" Gonzo said.

Kermit shook his head. "No Gonzo! There's no room for your stunt in the Christmas show!" Kermit yelled.

Gonzo held open his mouth. "Well why didn't you tell me that the first time?!" He snapped. "I spent all that time coming up with new stunt ideas just for you to shoot me down after the seventh-"

"Eighth," Kermit corrected him.

"-time I ask you?!" Gonzo shouted. "I thought you liked me Kermit! But I guess if you did you would've told me that the first time I asked," Gonzo crossed his arms and turned his back to Kermit.

Kermit sighed. "Gonzo," he said.

"What?" Gonzo asked reluctantly.

"You can have a stunt in the show," Kermit told him.

Gonzo turned around. "Yes! Thanks Kermit!" Gonzo said before running upstairs into a dressing room. "Hey Sal I told you I could get Kermit to give in just like Piggy does!" he said from inside.

"Sheesh," Kermit sighed as he continued to write the script. He coughed a few times. "What the hey? I better not be coming down with something," Kermit though, but he let the thought slide, and returned to his writing.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Awesome. Simply awesome. Poor Kermit, I hope that he isn't coming down with something. Can't wait for more. I wonder what stunt that Gonzo is going to attempt.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Let's see.... how many times have I laughed so far........ <starts counting on fingers> <runs out of fingers>

Lemme tell ya, prawnie, my parents are listening to/ watching a stand up comedian downstairs, and I laughed harder, louder, and more frequently than they did while reading this chapter. Excellent, well done as usual, And as always.... MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! A Christmas story! I wish I had time to write a Christmas story! Oh well, in the meantime, I'll just enjoy yours! And it was really funny too! I especially liked Gonzo's needing every single thing from the 12 Days of Christmas. Too funny!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
It certainly does feel like Christmas with all these new fanfics! As for Kermit though, forgive me for seeming unsympathetic, but I think after nearly being shot, and then being blown up, a slight caugh is nothing much. Then again, there is Beth C.'s story... But I'm rambling.
Great story, congradulations on starting a Christmas story, and please write more as soon as you can!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I like it! I like it! I like it! I leak!

Wait...that was totally wrong.

I like it! There. Done.

Volla! Or as they say in Spain: "Well done!"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 2: Going Home and Getting Warm by the Fire

Kermit put the script inside a vanilla envilope. He sealed it and stuck it underneath his arm. He walked out onto the stage and saw the decorations. Clifford and the others had added lights, stars, garlen, tinsel, wreathes, holly, and even mistletoe all throughout the theater.

Clifford saw Kermit walk onto the stage. "Well Kerm, whadaya think?"

Kermit smiled. "It looks great Cliff," Kermit told the co-host. "But now, it's time to lock up and head home."

"It's about time!" one of the garlen hanging rats said. "We've been working all day with only lunch breaks!"

The other laughed. "Notice the plural Stan uses there, heh, we've had four lunch breaks each!"

"Shut up Louie!" Stan hit Louie in the stomach.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "I wonder if it would be bad of me to hire an exterminator," Kermit sighed to himself.

George walked by Kermit carrying a broom. "Isn't that why you hired Beauregard?"

Kermit, Gonzo, Clifford, Stan, Louie, George, and Beauregard all walked out of the theater doors. Gonzo rubbed his mittened hands together, he could see his breath as he spoke. "Well Kermit, only one more week til Christmas," Gonzo told the frog.

Kermit pulled out a key from his coat pocket and locked the theater door. "There's magic in the air this evening, magic in the air," Kermit began to sing. He smiled at the others and they nodded and smiled back. They all started walking down the sidewalk home to the boarding house.

"The world is at her best, you know,
When people love and care."

Gonzo hopped up on the back of a park bench and walked along it. "The promise of excitement, is one the night will keep," he sang.

"After all there's only one more week til Christmas," they all sang together.

"The world has got a smile today," Stan sang.

"The world has got a glow," Louie followed.

They walked past Beth's Clock Shop, they looked through the frosty window and they saw a tall woman waving to them as she swept up the shop.

"There's no such thing as stranger when,
A stranger says hello," Clifford sang.

"And everyone is family, we're having so much fun," George continued.

"After all there's only one more week til Christmas."

"Tis the season to be jolly and joyous," Kermit sang loudly.
"With a burst of pleasure we feel it arive!"

"Tis the season when the saint's can employ us," Gonzo put his arm around Kermit's shoulders.
"To spread the news about peace and to keep love alive!"

They came to a large Christmas tree in the middle of the square. It was decked to the top with ornaments and tinsel. At the bottom of the tree a group of carolers sang their celebrational song,
"There's something in the wind today,
"That's good for everyone."

"Yes faith is in our hearts today," Beauregard sang.

"It's shining like the sun," Kermit continued.
"And everyone can feel it, the feeling's running deep."

"After all there's only one more sleep til Christmas."

They walked up to the front lawn of the boarding house, all the Muppets were in awe at the beautifully decorated lawn. The lights were shining bright, and Clifford put his sunglasses back on.

Stan and Louie sniffed the air. "Dinner!" they both said at once. They ran inside tripping once or twice on the icy stairs.

George and Beau both walked in toether, with Clifford following close behind.

Gonzo stayed back with Kermit and stared at the decorations. Gonzo looked up in the sky, the sky was clear, he saw the star, it flew from the left and landed at the right, he smiled. He knew that it was his star, and he knew Kermit's must be close behind, so he ran to the side of the house and unplugged the lights.

Kermit looked into the air. His star flew from the right and landed at the left. He grinned. "After all there's only one more week til Christmas, day..." he let his voice trail off into the night.

Gonzo walked back over to the frog. "Merry Christmas Kermit," Gonzo grabbed his shoulder again and looked back up at the sky.

"Merry Christmas Gonzo."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh prawnie it's so AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE THE STARS!!!!!!!!!! The whole freaking chapter is so AWESOME!!!!!!!! You know how much I LOVE AND ADORE that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <hugs> ...<<<<<hugs>>>>> ......<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kudos Widdle Pwanie Foo Foo (I gotta stop saying that), KUDOS! I LOVE how everyone sings "One More Week Till Christmas". Keep it up!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth's Clock Shop returns! I'm in the story again!!!! Woo-hoo! Ok, I'll stop going on about that, I really enjoyed the whole chapter, especially the song, but I was so excited to see that lovely little reference again. Looking forward to more! I just love Christmas Muppet stories!