It Feels Like Christmas

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 3: It Is The Season of The Heart

Robin sat in the tall red armchair in his space ship pajamas. He sat quietly drinking hot chocolate from a rainbow mug. Rowlf, Rizzo, and Pepe sat on the couch flipping through the channels on the remote.

"Aw Rowlf go back it was a beef comercial!" Rizzo told Rowlf through a full mouth of gingerbread cookies, while Rowlf was clicking the remote.

"No no go to de 'America's Next Model!' Hokay? Very sexy women on dat one," Pepe said.

Rowlf smirked at Pepe. "We have a five year old in the room," he told the prawn.

"Si, but jour cinco en dog jears. Hokay? Dat's like 35 or something in people jears," Pepe said.

Rowlf rolled his eyes. "But hey," Rizzo said. "We're not really people either, I mean we're not human bein's," he said.

"Si, I'm a king prawn, he's a dog, and he's a frog, and jour a rat," Scooter walked in from the kitchen and listened in on the conversation, "and Scooper's a-" Pepe stopped. "Hey, what is Scooper anyway?"

"He's the band's road manager!" Rowlf said.

"No, no," Rizzo laughed. "He's a gopher! Get it? Gopher! Ha ha!"

"Very funny guys," Scooter said.

The front door opened and Gonzo and Kermit walked in, Kermit covered his mouth as he coughed a few times.

Robin quickly sat his rainbow mug down on the coffee table and ran towards them. "Uncle Kermit! Uncle Kermit!" the young frog cried as he ran toward his uncle.

Kermit caught the frog in his arms and squeezed him tight. "Welcome home Robin," Kermit said.

Robin smiled. "Thanks Uncle Kermit," he said.

"Did you have fun with your dad and cousins and aunts and uncles at the swamp?" Kermit asked as he hung his scarf on the coat rack.

Robin nodded. "Yeah I sure did! Aunt Maggie told me to tell you that she beat your record at dragonfly pizza eating at Jerry's restaraunt, and dad said to keep up the good work on the show, and that he's sorry he couldn't make it for the Christmas show this year, and grandpa says to keep your clump close to you, whatever that means," Robin said.

Gonzo had walked over to Rowlf and the others, "What is it with frogs and clumps? Wouldn't you think they'd go to the hospital and have them removed?"

Kermit patted his nephew's head. "Well shouldn't you be off to bed now Robin?" Kermit asked.

Robin sighed. "I suppose, goodnight Uncle Kermit, goodnight everybody!"

Robin was greeted with a chorus of goodnights as he climbed up the stairs and sat on his bed in his room. He gazed up into the star studded sky. He let out a deep sigh. His family was still broken up, and this would be their first Christmas apart. Robin sniffed, he wiped his nose with his hand and sighed.

"Where are you Christmas?
Why can't I find you?
Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter,
You used to bring me?
Why can't I hear music play?" Robin sang to himself. His thoughts drifted to the year they all spent Christmas at Fozzie's mother's farm. He glanced at his desk, the small pink pebble sat next to a red ruby. His mind was reminded of Grover returning the Fraggle Pebble to him the Christmas after that.

"My world is changing,
I'm rearanging,
Does that mean Christmas changes to?" he let a tear fall on the floor as he thought of his mom and dad spending Christmas without each other.

"Where are you Christmas?
Do you remember,
The one you used to know?
I'm not the same one,
See what time's done.
Is that why you have let me go?" he turned his attention away from the sky and let his head fall on the pillow.

Kermit walked upstairs wanting to tuck Robin in for bed, when he heard the soft singing, he stuck his head in the doorway and listened.

"Christmas is here,
Everywhere, oh,
Christmas is here,
If you care, oh,"

Kermit stepped in the room and sat on the bed next to Robin.

"If there is love in your heart and your mind,
You will feel like Christmas all the time," Kermit sang softly.

Robin smiled at his uncle, he knew where Christmas was, it was with his uncle, and Sweetums, and Rowlf, and Gonzo, and Scooter, and Miss Piggy, and everyone else.

"I feel you Christmas," both frogs harmonized.
"I know I've found you,
You never fade away,
The joy of Christmas,
Stays here inside us,
Fills each heart with love."

"Where are you Christmas?" Robin sang alone.
"Fill your heart with love."

Kermit hugged his nephew. "I know how you feel Robin, I remember my first Christmas without friends, but it'll all be ok, just remember, you have family here too. We're all here for you Robin. I love you Robin."

Robin nodded. "I love you too Uncle Kermit," Robin smiled. "Thanks," he hugged his uncle one more time, then drifted off to dreamland.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh yes, so do I! I havee to tell you though, although I love Gonzo, and I know he has a deeper side that can't bbe ignored, it is somewhat uncomfortable for the reader, or viewer in the case of MFS. At least if the reader or viewer is me, that is. So when Gonzo was pointing out his and Kermit's stars, My thought was, "get Gonzo out of this scene, quick!" Don't think this means I don't like the story though! It's still great! Just out of curiosity, whare did the star idea come from, anyway? I know Lisa has mentioned it in at least one of her stories.
Well now that I have made a vary long, and probably too honest post, I will end by saying, keep up the good work!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aw, it's a Robin chapter! He's sitting drinking hot chocolate out of a mug with rainbows on it... <blink> <looks at now empty hot chocolate mug> <it has rainbows on it> Hm, curious...

Of course I love all the comedy, poor Scooter getting teased, and none of us are really humans... Ah, lovely!

And about this paragraph.

theprawncracker said:
Robin nodded. "Yeah I sure did! Aunt Maggie told me to tell you that she beat your record at dragonfly pizza eating at Jerry's restaraunt, and dad said to keep up the good work on the show, and that he's sorry he couldn't make it for the Christmas show this year, and grandpa says to keep your clump close to you, whatever that means," Robin said.
Prawnie? You so totally rock. Aunt Maggie competing with Uncle Kermit! Jerry's! Dad! Grandpa! YOUR CLUMP! Oy I love it so much it's insane! ...er, wait, no I'm insane. Insane A. Sylum. Nice to meet you, how you doing... oh, right, the chapter!

theprawncracker said:
His family was still broken up, and this would be their first Christmas apart. Robin sniffed, he wiped his nose with his hand and sighed.
Oh!!!! Wow! Total shift of tone, and poor Robin... oh poor Robin... oh... <hugs approximately Robin-sized teddy bear>

He glanced at his desk, the small pink pebble sat next to a red ruby. His mind was reminded of Grover returning the Fraggle Pebble to him the Christmas after that.
he let a tear fall on the floor as he thought of his mom and dad spending Christmas without each other.
<sniff> Oh Robin!

And then Kermit comes in... and they sing... and... oh...

"I know how you feel Robin, I remember my first Christmas without friends, but it'll all be ok, just remember, you have family here too. We're all here for you Robin. I love you Robin."
Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Prawnie, this is sooooooo awesome... Oh, I hug it! And you! And Robin! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh this was such a sweet little chapter. I love Robin. He's so innocent and sweet. The "Where Are You Christmas" song was so appropriate and perfect I can't even describe it. Rowlf, Pepe and Rizzo were hilarious too! And nice touch adding a little reference to Lisa's story! I love it! Can't wait to see more although I'll be away for the weekend so I won't get to read it again until Sunday.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Heh, don't worry Beth, I'm gone for the weekend too, so you people shouldn't expect any this weekend. :stick_out_tongue:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Great stuff. Great stuff indeed. Keep up the good work.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! Clumps removed!!! Beauregard singing! Gonzo walking on the bench! (a little VMC hint there I feel).Robin withouthis aprents! Cute! Sad! Stars! Lunch Breaks!!!

Tooo many good things to number!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 4: It's All the Ways That We Show Love

"Mail call!" Clifford hollered through the house as he walked into the dining room.

The room bustled with Muppets eating and talking, but they all quieted down when Clifford came in with the mail. "Beau here's one for you man!"

Beauregard took the letter from Clifford. "This letter will blow up in 30 seconds," he read. He scratched his head, "why do things never blow sideways?" he shook his head and walked off into the kitchen.

"Yo Gonzo, here's some mail for you!" Clifford called. "Gonzo?" he looked around the room. "Where is-"

An explosion was heard from the kitchen and Gonzo and two penguins were hurled out of the kitchen onto the table. "Wha ha ha!" Gonzo cried in excitement. "Beau gets the coolest letters!"

Kermit sighed and returned to his morning paper. Clifford shook his head, "whatever man, but here you go dude, the new Christmas issue of 'Insanity Fair' is here, and it looks like a Christmas card from your family too," Clifford handed them both to Gonzo.

Gonzo smiled and hopped up off the table. "Neat!" he took the mail from Clifford and walked out.

Clifford sorted through the mail, "What the- Who here gets 'Victoria's Secret?'" Clifford asked.

The Muppets turned their heads and stared at Janice. She looked at them all as well. "Like what? It's not mine," she said.

They turned their heads to Annie Sue, she shook her head, "Well man," Floyd Pepper said. "It's not like it's Piggy's, she couldn't fit into that stuff!" The Muppets all laughed.

"Aight man," Clifford said. "Guess I'll just toss it out," he said.

"Holjourhorses!" Pepe said in one breath. "It could be a misprint maybe? And besides, it's much more helpful for the environment to recycle t'ings like dis. Hokay? So alow me, Pepe, to recycle dis for jou," he grabbed the magazine and ran off.

"Good grief," Kermit sighed. He coughed a few times causing a few heads to turn towards him, but he ignored it and returned to the paper.

Clifford set aside a pile for himself, "Hey Dr. Teeth, your new issue of 'Rolling Stone' got in!"

"Outta sight," Dr. Teeth said as he grabbed the magazine.

Fozzie sat straight up. "That reminds me of this great joke! Ok, so a frog walks into a bank-" he began.

"It's a nick-nack Patty Wack give the frog a loan! His old man is a Rolling Stone!" Statler shouted from the living room.

"As if we haven't heard that joke enough," Waldorf said.

"I think it's worse every time!"

"Do ho ho ho!" they both laughed.

Fozzie sighed, "It's not my fault, I don't write these things," he said.

"Eh," Rizzo said walking behind Fozzie's chair. "Musta' been Gags Beasly."

Clifford held out the last letter. "Yo Piggy, letters for you!" Clifford called. The rest of the Muppets looked around, "Piggy?"

Kermit looked up from his paper. "She must not be up yet, after all it is a Monday, she sleeps in on Monday," he lowered his head again.

"Man she sleeps in every day! But we all know she needs her beauty sleep!" Floyd said. The rest of the Muppets laughed.

Kermit chuckled lightly. "That must be why most of her doctor's recomend tweleve hours of sleep," Kermit said, but he was surprised when no one else laughed.

"Uh Kermit," Rowlf pointed to the door behind him.

He scrunched up his face. "She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

"HIYA!" was all Kermit heard before he felt his body fly out the open back door into a pile of snow.

Kermit sat up and rubbed his head. "I suppose I hopped right into that one didn't I?"

Back inside Piggy snatched her letters from Clifford. "It must be moi's ahem," she flashed the letter in the other's faces. "Plane ticket to France," she smiled. "Au revoir amigos," she said as she walked up the stairs to a desk.

Bean Bunny walked up behind the rolling chair as she opened a letter. She pulled out a piece of paper and read it. "WHAT?!" she screamed as she pushed the chair back, knocking over Bean. "Jury duty? Moi cannot have jury duty! Not this week!" she tore open the other letter and pulled out a plane ticket. "Not on the same day my flight for France leaves!"

Bean hobbled up and rubbed his head. "Oh my adorable little head," he moaned.

Piggy shot up and looked straight ahead. "Oh Bean dear, would vous do a teeny weeny favor for moi?" she asked him innocently.

"Sure Miss Piggy," Bean smiled. "Whatever you need," he said.

She muttered "yes" under her breath. "Well, it's very simple Beany dear, all moi needs vous to do is take this," she handed him her drivers liscense, "and on Friday, all you have to do is go to the adorable little court house and be part of a jury!" she smiled.

Bean held the drivers liscense. He stared at her. "Is it a cute jury?" he asked.

"Oh oh of course!" Piggy lied. "Full of flowers, and duckies, and adorable little seats for you all to sit in!"

Bean stared. Piggy laughed lightly. "Alright I'll do it!" Bean said.

Piggy exhaled deeply. "Thank you dear, you've been most helpful," she hopped off the chair, accidentaly kicked Bean, and returned to her room with her plane ticket in hand.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Flowers and duckies, hmm? How cute, but do you think Bean could pass for Miss Piggy?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Flowers and duckies, hmm? How cute, but do you think Bean could pass for Miss Piggy?
It's all part of my master plan! MWoO ha ha ha! :crazy: