it seems like Noggin didn't cut Muppet inserts

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently, I've noticed that it seems like Noggin didn't cut out any Muppet segments on Sesame Street Unpaved or 123 Sesame Street, excluding some street scenes. I could be wrong, but looking at Muppet Wiki's pages for episodes that appear to have full scene listings and notes on what Noggin cut, it's usually animation, live action films, and occassional street scenes.

I'm not complaining that Noggin didn't cut any Muppet inserts (I didn't have Noggin, anyways). But there are quite a few Muppet segments that were included in multiple episodes shown on Noggin, which Noggin could have cut from one of the episodes included. But I do think that it's good that Noggin didn't cut sketches that appear in multiple Unpaved and 123 episodes, so that casual fans would know that sketches were repeated, and it's also good that sketches that were repeated multiple times in the same episode weren't always cut to just be shown once (again, to emphasize to casual fans that early episodes repeated the same sketches).

There are quite a few Muppet sketches that were in multiple epsiodes shown on Noggin, including Sesame Street Sports: The Tortos eand the Hare, Kermit and Lena Horne's Bein Green duet, C is for Cookie, Ernie getting emotional at the movies, Dialing for Prizes Movie, and others (I realise that some of those were shown in one of the appearances by C3PO and R2D2, which weren't in the syndication package until later).

But epsiodes 131 and 406 have street scenes with Mupet characters, and while thsoe scenes copuld have easily been repeated in other epsidoes, I'm sure that they weren't (as Gordon was played by Matt Robinson and Hal Miler in those, and I doubt that those were in any of the 123 Sesame Street episodes that don't yet have pages). There are also a few late 1980s street sceens that were cut, I forget the episode numbers off-hand, but most had to do with the plots and therefore I assume they weren't ever repeated.

The talk page for epsiode 514 includes a scan from the CTW Archives which mentions scenes that were cut from Noggin, some of which were street scenes (and one of which featured Sam the Robot).