Italian Speakers: Even a little may be ok

camillachick

Reaction score
I am trying to learn some italian from a book designed to teach. The language has some similaities to Spanish which I took in high school. The book is very good but it doesn't tell me where to stress syllables, or rules for pluralizing nouns.
Can anyone help me? I want to know which syllable to stress in the word "tavolo". I may ask for more help as I read more. Let me know.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I've been interested in Italian for quite some time,one of the most beautiful languages(I'm into sign-language myself).I'm not Italian,but I have seen a lot of Italian movies & I've been to the library to look up Italian & it is similar to Spanish.I would suggest,if you can,try to find some Italian audio or if possible video tapes.They might help you more with your phonics. If I were pronouncing the word,don't know for sure; but tavolo to me would be ta(soft a)-vo(soft o)-lo(soft o) hard pronounciation on ta and vo soft pronounciation on lo.Sorry I can't help you out more,but I hope my suggestion helps.Good luck.:smirk: