It's A Very Merry... Entertainment Weekly review

Mykol Gantt

Reaction score
Next weeks issue of Entertainment Weekly, featuring Halle Berry and Pierce Brosnan on the cover, has a very positive review of the new Muppet movie:

8-10PM, November 29

It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (NBC, TV-G)

It's time to get things started on the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational Muppet movie since Kermit and crew took Manhattan 18 years ago. For this It's a Wonderful Life-inspired extravaganza, the gang puts on a yuletide stage show (a hilarious send-up of Moulin Rouge titled Moulin Scrooge) to save their beloved theater from the evil Miss Bitterman (Joan Cusack). The script is clever without being sappy, Frank Oz (as Miss Piggy and Fozzie) is wonderful as always, and--I can't believe I'm about to write this--David Arquette is affable as a heavenly plebe sent from above to help Kermit out. Plus, you haven't truly lived until you've seen Sam Eagle as a raver. A
by Dalton Ross

Issue #684 hits newsstands Monday.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
i was just going to post this but looks i'm too late. anyway it was a great review and there's a cool picture in it too. I think it's from the Moulin Scrooge scene. It's a picture of Fozzie in a ringleader type outfit with a moustache.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone hasn't been clued in about Frank's departure. WoW! Eric's work doesn't only pass under the radar, but is complimented as an Oz performance. Someone should correct the guy though. We should send in letters to EW. I would if I had the time (or a subscription for that matter). LOL!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
<<the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational Muppet movie since Kermit and crew took Manhattan 18 years ago>>

<cough> The Muppet Christmas Carol <cough> :wink: