"It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" coming to Blu-ray October 7, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!! This day has come!!!! Even though I don't own a Blu-Ray player, I love VMX, and I'm glade it'll be getting a Blu-Ray release, because I thought NBC/Universal just plainly forgot about the awesome TV film. When I get the cash and a Blu-Ray player, I'll surely be picking it up along with the rest of the muppet movies on Blu-Ray,and hopefully someday all the seasons of TMS. So exited, I'm probably one of the few who love that film a lot, hope they keep the Inside Pepe's Studios special feature,the easter eggs, and the Muppet Biographies that they took off the 2010 DVD release of the film. I wonder if Universal will add any new bonuses, probably not, but who knows, I just hope it includes the deleted scenes and bloopers from both DVD releases, and the three special features that were booted out of the widescreen 2010 DVD, but I doubt I can expect much more. I only own the 2010 one, so I'd be happy if Inside Pepe's Studios is on it, because I've never seen it before. Hooray :smile:.

UPDATE:
After actually looking at the Amazon page, I realized that the only special features were Outtakes and Deleted Scenes. Oh well, at least nothing else was taken out. Can't wait to see the cover, though it'll probably be the same as the 2010 one.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, it seems like if Disney doesn't own the muppet film, than they'll get next to nothing on the Blu-Ray.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I'm really excited about this, I have very fond memories watching this movie on TV during the good old days of Palisades, I watched this surrounded by all my action figures and playsets.:fanatic::smile::skeptical::cluck:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
It's great that this is coming to Blu-ray.

It's not one of my favorites, but it's not really fair for me to say that, as I've only seen it once, and that was years ago, and I was in a bad mood while I was watching it. So, I'll be very happy to give it another go, this time in HD!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder why they had to put Bunsen and Beaker in the back of the Blu-Ray cover? On the 2010 DVD cover they were in the front. Nevertheless, it is the closest thing to a change from this to the 2010 DVD release, but does anyone knows if the bonus features list is official or if there could be like hidden easter eggs, though I wouldn't bet on anything, the muppet films not owned by Disney don't usually get new bonus features on Blu-Ray, though that could be because Disney owns the muppets and maybe they're not allowed to or something.

Last edited:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I hadn't realised until recently that VMX wasn't owned by Disney.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It shipped from Amazon, I should get it tomorrow! I'm pretty excited, it's a great special. This will be the third time I'm buying it though lol. I had the first DVD, then the new DVD for the widescreen image, and now I'll be getting the Blu-ray... actually it's like Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island in that regard :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It shipped from Amazon, I should get it tomorrow! I'm pretty excited, it's a great special. This will be the third time I'm buying it though lol. I had the first DVD, then the new DVD for the widescreen image, and now I'll be getting the Blu-ray... actually it's like Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island in that regard :stick_out_tongue:
Neat, I always feel that VMX is underrated, so it is nice that NBC is putting it out on Blu-Ray, can you show some pictures or review the Blu-Ray, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.