1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Fozzie Bear, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

floydnjanicefan posted this in a different thread (here):

The tentative series 9 and 10 for next year have been announced. It is as follows:

Series 9:
    -Tux Fozzie with Chucky
    -Gonzo/Rizzo Two Pack from MTI
    -Lips
    -Pops

Series 10:
    -Nurse Piggy
    -Doctor Bob
    -Sal with Penguin and cheese
    -Uncle Deadly

Minis 7 and 8: Electric Mayhem and Rowlf

Playset: Vets Hospital with Nurse Janice

VERY COOL NEWS!!
  2. Whatever Active Member

Looks very good! It's got the ones I was hoping for! :excited:
  3. jediX Active Member

If they only had the JHH license :(
  4. Whatever Active Member

I unfortunately never saw JHH, so I don't regret the characters. I'd really like to see it, though.
  5. Phillip Administrator

6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Keep in mind these lists are still very tentative. Anything could happen. Usually Ken doesn't post these this far ahead, but this comes from the licensors information, not directly from Palisades. Many changes could happen. You just never know. I still hope it's something close to this.
  7. HeraLirambar New Member

If these end up being for real,

YES!
    YES!
    YES!
  8. The Count Moderator

Corrections for Phil

Phil, just finished reading through MC's Palisades figure release calendar and I spotted the following things I wanted to comment on.

1 There's been mentioning of giving Sal Manilla the same 3-Paint treatment as Johnny Fiama so as to match them up.
    2 Dr. Phil van Neuter's filing cabinet was nixed due to budgetary reasons.
    3 The Ghost of Samuel Arrow will be the convention exclusive for Wizard World Long Beach or Los Angeles, to be held in March 2004.
    The convention exclusive for San Diego Comic Con 2004 will be from MFS, though that might change.
    4 The figure bases from all S7 figures were dropped, essentially so that Johnny Fiama could have the pinstripes added to his wardrobe's paint applications.
    5 It should be "Kermit as Captain Smollet" and not "Smollot", and the roll call scroll was also nixed due to budgetary reasons.
    6 Beauregard's dust pan was nixed due to budgetary reasons.
    7 Frog Scout Robin's fishing pole and binoculars were both nixed due to budgetary reasons.
    8 Mega Camilla will be offered as the specific convention exclusive figure at Wizard World Philadelphia 2004, and not as Palisades' 2004 Conventions Exclusive.
    9 Don't know about the X-ray glasses, but the brick was never an accessory for Black Tux Gonzo, so you should nix that one too.
    10 Statler will be coming with the Avocado, a minor character who appeared in the Pearl Bailey episode of TMS. The carrot was moved over to be included with Waldorf.
    11 You should have Statler as Ghost of Jacob Marley, and Waldorf as Ghost of Robert Marley in their respective MCC PVC lineups.
    12 Gonzo's bouquet of flowers was nixed for budgetary reasons, (Gonzo from S5.)
    13 You forgot to list the stickers of various news stories that comes with the Newsman.
    14 You forgot to list the binoculars that come with Pepe.
    15 Maybe the Vacation Pepe figures should be moved to exclusives for S6, but that's your call. Reasoning is that the ad for this figure won't be offered till the winter months, possibly after S6 is already on shelves.
    And the only other comment I have to make is that you should re-organize the listings so that they're presented in ascending order from S1 to S10, rather than in descending order from S10 to S1.
    Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
  9. Phillip Administrator

Count,

Thanks for the comments. The listings have been updated. They use to be in ascending order, however, since most people want to know the latest series news that is the reason they are listed in descending order. So that if you want to check out series 9 and 10, it's right there at the top of the page verses at the very bottom.
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Gonzo was originally going to come with a brick, but it was nixed. That was the original plan though. :concern:
  11. The Count Moderator

Thanks Phil and Jamie. That helps a lot.
  12. What ever happened to the Jim Henson figure? :confused:
  13. The Count Moderator

The Jim Henson Muppet figure is still in the process of being reviewed before mass tooling production commences. The other thing is that both he and the Sweetums figure are floaters as of fright now, which means that they have no real projected release date made definite as of yet.
  14. Whatever Active Member

A lot of people have been guessing that Sal will be a repaint, but I don't see how because he doesn't wear very much. I am looking forward to getting him; my family has a lot of monkey jokes. Plus a penguin! Yay! And Pops! :D :) :excited:
  15. Muppetsdownunder New Member

These figures look great, I am really looking forward to them! the next series (series 6) is one i'm not looking forward to as much. I'm glad they are bringing out figures of Pops, Beaurguard, Marvin Sugs, Lips etc. All we need now is Sweetums and Jim Henson Figure.
  16. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Sal wears a vest that could easily be repainted many ways. He will also come with a penguin that could be repainted as well.
  17. Whatever Active Member

Like a pink and white penguin?
  18. Crazy Harry New Member

Where did you get the info for the series 9 & 10 accessories, mini sets 7 & 8 arangment, Robot Buster Bunsen, Scoutmaster Kermit and SuperBeaker?
  19. The Count Moderator

Ken gave us all that information, or at least as much of it as he could, over in matleo's "Piecing the Figure Rumors Together Revisited" thread at the PT forum.
    Check out the last fifteen posts or so on the last page, it's all there.
  20. Chilly Down Member

Actually, I believe they have the liscense for all the TMS-related movies, shows and specials now, which would include JHH (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The only reason they haven't done any JHH figures is because that's a really obscure show and they have a lot more figures to get through. I'm thrilled that it looks like the line's going to be around long enough for us to get figures like Marvin Suggs and Pops. :excited:

We already have Clifford -- even if he's considered to be from Muppets Tonight, he started on JHH, and he has his sunglasses. I wouldn't be surprised if Bean shows up very soon in one of the collections. And if the figures continue in popularity for another 3 years, who knows? We might wind up with a Digit or a Waldo figure. Anything can happen. :zany: