It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't take any offense at what you said. The thing is, these exclusives while not show-accurate are *very Muppety* in spirit. There's something fitting about Scout Leader Kermit, Vacation versions of characters and Muppets in Tuxedos. Sure, there are themes that I woiuld also like to see, but I actually wish that they'd think out of the box even more. That sort of thinking is very much in the Henson/Muppet tradition even more so than anything show-accurate. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
And who knows--maybe we'll get a special based on the figures? Muppets on Vacation and what-not.

Muppets Beach Party, anyone? (Remember the audio tape?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
floydnjanicefan posted this in a different thread (here):

The tentative series 9 and 10 for next year have been announced. It is as follows:

Series 9:
-Tux Fozzie with Chucky
-Gonzo/Rizzo Two Pack from MTI
-Lips
-Pops

Series 10:
-Nurse Piggy
-Doctor Bob
-Sal with Penguin and cheese
-Uncle Deadly

Minis 7 and 8: Electric Mayhem and Rowlf

Playset: Vets Hospital with Nurse Janice

VERY COOL NEWS!!
Okay boys and girls... say it with me...

"ANOTHER GONZO?!?!?!?!"

I mean, with the Mega Gonzo, the Purple Tux Gonzo, and the Black Tux Gonzo... I'm all gonzoed out...

:sympathy:

The rest of the Line up kicks serious but, but even with Rizzo... MTI Gonzo is definately the fist one I'll skip of the regular line... and to pair it with an extra (but very good) Fozzie? Series 9, except Lips and Pops... very dissappointing! :sympathy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It doesn't disappoint me! I want these characters they're releasing (all the way until they start producing stuff that looks like Hasbro or Mattel HA HA HAA).

I'm all happy with the line-up, especially with the pack-ins we'll be getting! I want black tux Gonzo because I have Kermit and Piggy now with Rowlf and his piano, and I wanted to ahve a 'dressed up' shelf of characters, this is just right.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How could you be Gonzoed out? He's probably the best likeness of the line. Love the little guy. Okay, so I have an unhealthy obsession with him. Actually, next year there's only one regular assortment carded Gonzo. Tux is an exclusive and Megas are not widely distributed. That's about right for a top character. There will be more Kermits next year than Gonzos. :concern: That's the way of the line though - Main 5-10 characters must always have solid representation.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, so I have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Must be the nose. I know it's not because of the work someone special did to make sure Palisades got it right!! The new likeness of Gonzo, btw, has received rave reviews from my friends who are very picky about stuff they collect even, and say that over all the other characters Gonzo (purple tux all I have so far) is best of all! Indeed someone is an asset to Palisades to have on board!

I'm loving the line-up!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Awwww. You're sweet. Looks like Usher Scooter will be a favorite of mine too. :wink:

(Well, along with much of next year's lineup :zany: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
How could you be Gonzoed out? He's probably the best likeness of the line. Love the little guy. Okay, so I have an unhealthy obsession with him. Actually, next year there's only one regular assortment carded Gonzo. Tux is an exclusive and Megas are not widely distributed. That's about right for a top character. There will be more Kermits next year than Gonzos. :concern: That's the way of the line though - Main 5-10 characters must always have solid representation.
I love him and all, but they're releasing them all together... I think that this should wait for the Next MTI designation, and the Rizzo should come with Clueless Morgan... I mean... he'd be a great character, a great sculpt... But MTI Gonzo isn't what I'm jumping to buy... even with Rizzo... I've lobbied for Morgan, myself... maybe I should've done it subliminally..

However, I couldn't be MORE excited by Series 10

Dr. Bob? Nurse Piggy? Nurse Janice? Sal? Penguin? Uncle Deadly? I cannot wait! This will surely be an epic line up, like series 5! Fan faves, classic Characters... ooooohhhh... Sal to go wit' Johnny... and a P-p-p-penguin!!!

Makes up for the missing Clueless Morgan spot IMO...

But next MTI designation? Has to be Clueless... hands down!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If not for MTI, maybe they could designate Clueless for MT?? I really liked the Polly and Clueless segments on MT.

I didn't like Bill the Bubble Guy or the Dummy guys--or the fish who tried to take over. Just don't make those.

Luke

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
I have no problem with themed variants. I have no problem with colorful versions of characters that stand out on the toy shelf. My problem is with variants that seem to exist solely for the purpose of perpetuating the line, rather than giving us figures that are true to the universe of the characters.
The Vacation and Scout figures are (IMO) VERY true to the universe of the characters. We had Scout Robin on the show and just because you didn't see the Muppets on vacation doesn't mean its not true to character they'd go to the beach looking wacky in scuba gear or with a floatie. This whole thing is about making the line varied and looking interesting for all, rather than just a few hundred Muppet hardcores. I'm not so sure a colorful repaint of a signature outfit would do as well somewhere like Target or TRU as an interesting original design theme - I doubt most casual fans could even remember some of the show specific stuff and a lot of it isn't strong enough to make as an action figure. At the end of the day if this stuff sells then it furthers the life of the line and the hardcore kids get more stuff from the actual shows and movies. I understand its your opinion, I was just kinda speaking up for those that enjoy them. I think the original design figures have been some of the best looking and most Muppety of them all and I agree with Jamie that I hope they continue to think like this, just as long as they don't get out of control in volume like you say and do stay true to the image of the character.