James Earl Jones Clips

bigbird

Reaction score
I know Mr. Jones had a few skits doing the alphabet and I think counting to either 10 or 20(with the letters and numbers appearing on the screen) Remember? At the time, I had no idea who he was. all I knew was that he looked really scary in some sort of way...I guess the way he had his eyes fixed to the camera. Although he smiled here and there, the intense look he gave was somewhat scary in a way. I don't know if he realized he may have presented that kind of image of himself, but I was wondering if anyone else who remembers those skits ever felt the same way as I did. Let me know

Katzi428

Reaction score
I remember the skits. They scared the daylights out of me when I was a kid.In the alphabet ones,he wouldn't be past "B" & I'd be running screaming out of the room.
He had been in the movie "The Great White Hope"with a shaved head,so yjis was the reason why he was bald. I don't know what freaked me out more;his voice or the baldness.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You scared yet?

I know he had a very intense stare. He never seemed to blink, and he did look a little freaky in his shaved head. But he never scared me. I was always more spellbound, almost hypnotized by his performance.

I know it's been posted elsewhere, but I am always intrigued by what skits can scare some kids but not others. We've all been scared of at least ONE thing they've shown on Sesame Street. But it's always something different.
And that fascinates me, that something that scares you might have no effect on me, and likewise, something that could scare the pants off me might not make you bat an eye.

And no matter how scared we got, that didn't stop us from tuning in again tomorrow, did it?:eek:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
also it sounds like Jones might of been narrating that L cartoon where the orange L drops from the sky and the man asks the boys would you like to hear a story about the letter L? years later he would become a regualer on the CTW math series Square 1 TV in the Mathnet segments where he was the police cheif Thad Green.