1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Janice Figure Bumped from Wave Four?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Gonzo, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Janice & Mokey's Man

well your welcome bryon:D

and to think i was supporting that fact that rizzo was exculded from having a nascar and not being in the weezer video...
    not anymore! too bad rat!

ladies first! which means JANICE!

Zack)Rowlf the, rizzo before a regular Rowlf too, it gets me miffed!Dog.
  2. Preach it, Brother Zack! :D
  3. Zack the Dog

i really don't hate rizzo but i wouldn't want to chance this line with not having a Janice in it. i would rather be safe then sorry, if the line only goes to five,we did get some cool figs and complete sets. the big deal would be no statler and waldorf, and stage with sweetums and robin. but if janice is not in the loop well there maybe some ticked off muppet fans...

sure they wouldn't be are beloved vets H and bear on patrol or are thogy woggy but the set would be still be a good run with lots of great cassic figs. but this is if the line only goes to 5.

Zack)Rowlf the, lets hope it's for the best,Dog.
  4. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i only have 1 blue eyes!and it ATK points can only get rid of that pesky magician,darn you!!!but can YOU defend against my blue eyes,labrynth tank AND a time wizard?huh?huh?(sorry if everybody has no clue what we're talking about,it's a card game called duel monsters.)BTW:bryon hasn't noticed my mentioning of the accursed name yet,yes!i hid it too good.:D
  5. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

i agree,rizzo is accasionaly funny but can't beat janice singin' rockin robin in a tree.

and i would rather be safe than gorry.

BADUMP BUMP!!!

thank you and good nite!
  6. Zack the Dog

dr. gorry

"and i would rather be safe than gorry. BADUMP BUMP!!! thank you and good nite!"

he he funny, but ya didn't need to wack me on the head with the drum sticks!!!:mad:

:D

Zack)Rowlf the,chews on drumsticks Dog.:D
  7. simon42

simon42 New Member

That sucks, I was looking forward to Jan most of all!
  8. zachatack

zachatack New Member

This talk about "what if the line doesn't continue" scares me. Why wouldn't it continue? Isn't the line doing well? I think the time betwen waves might actually hurt the line. People want their collecting on a consistant basis. They schedule their paychecks around waves, so when wave 1 comes out and then other waves are postponed, I worry that the public might foret easily. (Short-term memory and all.)

Janice is absolutely one of my favs, and if we don't get the entire Eectric Mayhem, there really might be **** to pay. Why are they doing away with the stands? That was one of the best ideas for the figures. At least make them available via the Collector's Club or something.
  9. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Last official word, to my knowledge, is the line is doing about how it was expected to do. I know that doesn't say much, but if you think about it, it's good. Palisades clearly believes the line will be successful and will build momentum and continue for a while. Thus far, it is on target. Sure we'd all love to hear it sold out as fast as the figs came out of the boxes, but as long as it meets expectations I think we are fine.

Has Ken or Mike said Janice will be bumped? Or did they say someone will be bumped and we've assumed it was Janice? Do we know Rizzo is replacing the bumped figure, or is that an assumption as well. Before we panic, maybe we should make sure we know what is going on?
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Phillip updated the figure release list to replace Janice with Rizzo. Ken had hinted on the board that Rizzo could be moved up as soon as possible because Henson want him on the shelves, he also said that two figures were being moved back. I take it Phil has changed the list according to off-forum information from Ken.

As for the line continuing, because of the sale and how the Henson company could be changing nothing is really definitely set in stone for the future - not even the TV deals, DVD's, merchandise or as we've seen, peoples jobs. Taking away the 'outside factors' though, things as you say, seem to be going as expected for Palisades and they don't seem to have a need to worry just yet.
  11. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Byron,

I have a rizzo hanging in my car. Does that mean you are boycotting me too?

J
  12. No Joe, but don't expect me to ride anywhere with you.

:mad:

:p
  13. Joseph

Joseph New Member

14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Dr. Gorry, Your move

Well, Dr. Gorry, it's my turn. I draw the Baby Dragon and lay one card face down. My Dark Magician is still on the field and wishes to perform a little magic for you with the help of the Magic Box. First, the magician enters the box which lays at the feet of your Blue Eyes. After you destroy the box, my magician is defeated. Or is he? With the magic words, A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches, open the box to reveal your own Labyrinth Tank decimated by the Blue Eyes attack. Now my turn is over. Perhaps we can summon Janice from her slumber with the aid of both magic men, namely my Dark Magician and your Time Wizard, after we finish our duel.
    The Count.
  15. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

So this is still speculation, so far as we know. Before we panic about Janice, let's wait and see what Palisades has in store for us. I have no doubt Janice will be made and I don't really see them sitting on her for long-- not with the rest of the band out.

It's not Rizzo's fault Henson is pushing for him. They have their own needs and expectations for the line. We can guess all we want, but we don't know what is behind Henson's desire to get Rizzo out right away. Far as I can recall, the rat has never been anti-Janice. I think about the only problem Rizzo has with Janice is she's not a rat and she's already got a guy. :p
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well basic reason is that Rizz is of course one of the mainstay Muppets they use to anchor the TV shows and movies around. This wave will debut a similar time to the Fox TV show so the more people who see Rizzo on the shelves will be curious to watch him on the TV, and likewise the other way around.

So basically this is a good move for all as far as i can tell, although Byron will hunt me down for saying that.
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>This wave will debut a similar time to the Fox TV show so the more people who see Rizzo on the shelves will be curious to watch him on the TV, and likewise the other way around<<<

Well if thats the case(about it debuting around the time of the tv show) I think a MUCH better strategy would be to include Pepe in wave 4, seeing as he'll be one of the main characters, and of course the scene stealer!
  18. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

Re: Dr. Gorry, Your move

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DO YOU GET THESE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! time wizard will use time roulette and make rizzo soooooooooo old that he will turn to dust and janice can get in.:D
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Time's Up

Bad move, Dr. Gorry. By using the Time Wizard you sped up time on the entire field. True, my monsters are aged, but so's your Blue Eyes. And besides, my Baby Dragon is now a Millennium Dragon who destroys your aged Blue Eyes wiping out all your life points. But thanks to the Time Wizard's spin we have our entire figure line completed with all the figures of all the characters we'd like, including both Rizzo and Janice, and even Lips. BTW: I know and watch the Yu-Gi-O show on WB. The Magic Box attack to take out the tank came from the 3-part Labyrinth duel episode. The attack submitted above came from Joey's duels against Mie and Rex Raptor.
    Have a great summer while it lasts, the Count.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm sure we can count on all the big guns next year including Rizzo, Janice and probably Pepe. Ken expressed a lot of interest in him a while back. I just wish these were 8 figure waves!:eek: