1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Janice's lifestyle

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by mupcollector1, Sep 3, 2012.

1. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh! I get it! LOL means laugh out loud (laughs!) That's funny! :coy:
  2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Janice is and always will be groovy!

As has been said, the official transcript from MuppetFest reads:

Question: "Is [Floyd] still tight with Janice?"
    Floyd: "Well... Janice ain't so tight anymore."

This is of course referring to her age and not their relationship. We'll just say he was hinting at her need for Botox here and leave it at that. :eek: This is the kind of chiding reserved for longtime couples like Kermit and Piggy, so I think it's safe to say that Janice is still Floyd's main squeeze. :sing::flirt: I mean, they're made for each other!
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Kermit and Piggy are a longtime couple?! J/K...but still at least with Floyd and Janice I feel relaxed and laid back just like their personalities. And they are such a great couple. I loved how they cuddled in the John Denver Special. Kermit and Piggy I feel like I need to take a bottle of exedrin migraine by the time I'm done watching them. :p
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh certainly. ;)
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I know, mine was also ironic! Because of course pigs don't really drink coffee...!
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I thought they drank tea?
  7. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Janice is beautiful, Botox or no Botox. :flirt:
    jvcarroll likes this.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting who played Janice in those SNL Muppet parody skits (Rowlf and the Swedish Chef, the one where Rowlf runs over somebody while driving the bus). Any ideas?
  9. MissMusical12

When did SNL do a Muppet parody skit? I know they did parody skits of Sesame Street (And I'm fully aware of the Muppet Robot Chicken parodies), but when did they do Muppet parodies?
  10. Mo Frackle

11. MissMusical12

12. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

I think Animal just chases ALL women in general (Personally I wouldn't mind him chasing me- then I could hug him...) but Floyd and Janice are together, fer sure. :flirt::sing:
  13. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I was just watching the Don Knotts episode and noticed that Richard Hunt had a slightly higher voice for Janice before she became the more groovy hippie Janice that we all know and love :)
  14. Mo Frackle

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, it's almost as though Richard was trying to do Eren's Janice voice. Interesting that she's not in the closing number (I guess Richard was doing Dr. Teeth's arms in that scene).
  15. mupcollector1

But didn't Eren's Janice have that voice similar to the wife of that spy from Rocky and Bullwinkle? I don't know how to describe it, that stereotypical very low female vampire like voice. Like I said, I don't know how to describe it other than being a voice I've heard somewhere before. lol
  16. Mo Frackle

Like I said, it sounds like he's trying to imitate it. Eren's Janice had a hint of an English accent in it. You can just barely sense one in Richard's earliest Janice.
  17. MissMusical12

I think the character you're referring to is Natasha Fatale. I don't think Eren's Janice sounded like June Foray's (the voice of Natasha) Natasha at all in my opinion. Eren's Janice sounded more sultry and sexy, whilist Richard's second time performing as Janice was the fun-loving hippie valley girl we all know and love.
  18. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Eren's Janice was a hipster. Richard's Janice was a hippy. :flirt: Fur Sure.
  19. mupcollector1

Natasha, that's the name. Thanks. WOW that was June Foray's voice? Hmm, I guess that would make sense since I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon where this umm, rather big female rabbit was chasing Bugs all over Elmer's house and had that voice. lol June Foray is amazing, and she's still doing voices to this day :)
    Yorick likes this.
  20. MissMusical12

June did Rocky AND Natasha in Rocky and Bullwinkle. She was also Nellie in the Dudley-Do-Right section of the show.
    Yorick likes this.