1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Japanese 'Jim Henson Hour' Laserdiscs

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BlueFrackle, Jun 12, 2012.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

We've recently discovered that the Japanese laserdiscs of 'Monster Maker', 'Dog City', 'Song of the Cloud Forest', 'Living with Dinosaurs' and 'Secrets of The Muppets' that were released in the early 90's are actually COMPLETE episodes of 'The Jim Henson Hour'!

Before now it was believed that they were just releases of the specials, like the recent DVDs. All of the audio is Japanese, but nothing else is changed.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/KSS_Films

If anyone has ANY of these please post - We have Dog City!
  2. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Wow, that is pretty cool! Who knows, if we are realy just now finding out about his, there might be even more we don't know!
  3. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is any possible way to convert it from laserdisc to DvD? i know that lasediscs are huge, but is there a way?
  4. BlueFrackle

yes there is a way!
  5. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

awsome, this could be a huge gain for fans. Do you know for sure if they have subtitles?
  6. BlueFrackle

Im 99% sure that they don't have subtitles
  7. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

ok,that might be a problem. But still, it will be a good colector's item.
  8. BlueFrackle

It's better without subtitles, that means that you have a great picture and all that needs changing is the audio!
  9. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

True, But how do we change the audio?
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think he means there's British/Japanese audio, but not subtitles. But then again, I've no idea what a laserdisk even is.
  11. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

it is like a dvd, but the size of a record.
  12. Beauregard

Oh right...So BluRay, DVD, Laserdisk, VHS, Digital Download...How many different forms of movie watching devices does one world need?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  13. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

i know right?
  14. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

thats very cool nowadays it is difficult to see full jim henson hour episodes so well done japan now if we could get these jim henson hour eps across the world that would be the icing on the cake :)
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Aw come on. How many people did you know that actually owned a laserdisk?
  16. Beauregard

That's my point exactly :p
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Basically, unless you're a media collector, you have those three (DVD, Blu-Ray, Download) formats... and even then, it's soon to be just that latter format of Downloads.

But who the heck owned a Laserdisk? Even when they were around, they were in a small corner in the back of a store (usually Suncoast).
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Unless you were some rich perosn who had everything, I swear the only people who used laserdisks were science teachers
  19. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

But, there is probably a way to convert them.to DvD.
  20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's awesome. I don't own a Laserdisc player but I would love to see these posted up on Youtube.