Japanese Sesame Street comics

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I remember some several years ago that every issue of some Japanese kids' magazine came with another one(can't remember what it was, but ah well). Anyway, the magazine featured Sesame Street comics in almost every issue(I only got two so maybe they made more I dont know). Anyway, here's what I remembered:

*Cookie Monster sleeping in bed and the alarm clock goes off. He wakes up and I think you know what he does with it. He goes into the kitchen and asks something like "What's for breakfast?" and Betty Lou is standing there with a frying pan and she's all like huh?

*Big Bird and Prairie Dawn in a park. Can't remember what happens but all I remember is that it ended with Big Bird pushing a tree and worms start falling into Prairie's hair! Big Bird has that sorry look on his face.

Also in one of the issues was an article with pictures of some sort of SS exhibit. One I remembered was a replica of Oscar in his trashcan. It's been a long time. The kids' one also had a SS section with the characters(in illustrated form)and pictures of animals at a zoo.

I also saw a SS mag on auctions yahoo that had a comic strip of Oscar sneaking up on Forgetful Jones and surprising him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Verrrrry interresting... so how exactly were these drawn? Were they very Japanese looking?
I'm guessing you do not have any to scan, but if one comes up, please post something.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
It's kinda hard to descirbe how they(comics and kids' magazine) were drawn. Not in anime style, but it's basically the same illustration seen on Japanese products around the early 90s(I know when I see them). Unfortunately, I do not have those two comics OR the other magazines anymore. *Darn*

Besides SS, a lot of other licensed character franchises are featured in those types of magazines(they have lot of those in Japan and still do. Most of them Japanese cartoons)

And the other really cool things that I used to have and no longer do were a pamphlet for CD rereleases of old LPs and several brochures and guides(including tons of cool photos).

Man, I should have saved those.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I got them back when Scarecroe's site was up. The file name's were actually "anime sesame", so I just assumed. :smirk: Sorry.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I thought those animations were made more recently. Are they really something leftover from the nineties? Because they don't look like they would be.