Japanese Sesame Street Kubricks found!

beaker

Reaction score
Just got back from this big ol anime convention, and guess what I found? Yep...the Sesame Street Kubrick action figures from Japan!
While stateside SW doesnt give two slimeys and a Grundgetta about Sesame collectors, in Japan Sesame is all the rage merch wise.
Luckily at leats Hot Topic here is beginning to see this.
Anyways, the store that had a booth there can be found here:
http://www.wizzywig.com/

My favorite is Little Bird(just cuz I like obscurity) but the rest are pretty cool. Now if only all that other Sony Wonder Japanese Sesame merch could be ordered stateside.

On a side note, I saw a number of cute girls wearing some sort of Muppet related shirt at the anime con(this one girl was wearing a Fraggle Rock shirt, camoflage pants, and boots...hot!)
So its good to see Hot Topic keeping the Muppets 'hip' for the younger crowd, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too right! The coolest thing around here is a kite with Telly Monster and Herry Monster on it... yuck...

I hope... I hope they have these at Newburry Comics or somewhere (I have seen Kubrix there... bought some of the Kelloggs ones... got the two Japanese characters)

Why Don't Kubrix hit it as big as the lameo knock offs? I mean even the Disney Store has them (looking for Nemo merchandise... selling out for a change) specifically Peter Pan and Hercules...

I would buy soooooo many of these if they were available here. Now, we need to have a series 2 with Bert, Oscar, Telly, and so on... I'd like to see that!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The coolest thing around here is a kite with Telly Monster and Herry Monster on it... yuck...
Yuck? I'd shave a cat for a kite with Telly and Herry on it! Where'd you see this?

Thijs

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Yuck? I'd shave a cat for a kite with Telly and Herry on it! Where'd you see this?
yeah, I'll buy anything with Herry on it!

But those Kubrikcs are great!!!!! Especially Herry, Praire Dawn and Little Bird! There is so little Little Bird merchandise. Maybe this is the first!
Japan rules!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"The boxes in this collection come unmarked and it is completely random as to which figure you get. You get one random figure at this price. Medicom, 2003. $8.00."

That seems a bit pricey to me for one figure, and you aren't even sure which figure you'll get. This was on the WizzyWig site.

I thought it was a box of 5 per set when I saw the pictures, and I was about to begin a huge search on how to get them til I saw that.

We DEFINITELY need some company here in the states to make some GOOD SS action figures...something comparable to size and detail as Palisades' Muppets figures.

Since Palisades, I just can't bring myself to buy anything else.

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
"The boxes in this collection come unmarked and it is completely random as to which figure you get. You get one random figure at this price. Medicom, 2003. $8.00."
Yeah, plus they are of the cheap blocko kubrick style...I dont like Kubicks at all...but hey, Japanese SS figures...cant pass that up! I actually was able to, out of a big ol container full of boxes, pick out the ones I wanted: little bird and grover. Hey, when youve been a hardcore Muppet collector since ya were 3, ya get a knack for these things.

But yeah, Im tired of seeing all the lame Sesame junk stateside...we need some cool Sesame figures darnit!

radionate

Reaction score
So is the tweedlebug going to be the chase figure for each series? I didn't see it listed for series two and I wondered if a different color would come out for series 2.