Jerry Lewis Telethon 2010

ploobis

Reaction score
I noticed nobody mentioned anything about whether the Muppets were going to be in this year's Jerry Lewis Telethon or not.

If they're not I'm sure it has to do with them shooting the new movie. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Have they done it since they were sold to Disney? I thought it was a Brian and Bill thing.

It's a great cause

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Luke. To answer your question, after checking Muppet Wiki's article on the subject... Yes, there have been Muppet appearances on the telethon after the Disney buyout.
Both Johnny and Sal's Bohemian Rhapsody and Rizzo and Pepe's Wake Up Little Pledgers came once they were part of the Disney umbrella, in 2005 and 2007 respectively.
Both of these also had appearances by Bear from the Big Blue House as an added separate performance.

Hope this helps. :wisdom:

Luke

Reaction score
Oh thats cool, i'm glad they were able to carry on. Maybe we might see them this year then, you never know.

I'm watching a bit of it on the web streaming.

dwmckim

Reaction score
For the last decade, i've let the vcr run over the weekend to catch any Muppet appearances. However i've not done so this year. For one, the appearances haven't happened the last couple years and two now that Disney really has it together with keeping fans updated of appearances via its Twitter/Facebook pages, i figure if they were going to appear it would be posted in either place. So instead of trying to catch something it doesn't look like will happen, i've kept my recorder free for dubbing video trades i'm working on.