1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Wow, I had no idea so many people were involved with those two, thank you! :sleep: :boo:
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

So... any news on this yet? Does anyone know what characters will be recast and by whom the new performers will be?
  3. beforemyway New Member

I didn't realize so many different people played each part.. I am deffinatlly curious so know what's going on regarding Jerry though.

does anyone have a list of all the Muppets he did?
  4. muppet_dk Active Member

Go to www.Hensondb.tk and select "Puppeteers" and write Jerry Nelson in the search field.
  5. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Who's Craig Shemin? When did he perform Waldorf?
  6. muppet_dk Active Member

Craig is a writter for the muppets, he is also part of Jim Hensons legacy. He did waldorf in the closing number of the muppets celebrate jim henson.
  7. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I see. Thanks for the info.
  8. Cantus Rock New Member

Well, with this recasting, which originals are left? All the original puppeteers are either dead or have moved on.

I can't see any future for quality Muppet material. This is truly disheartening news to return to.
  9. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Dave Goelz definitely. Steve Whitmire too. And that's it, I think.
  10. Cantus Rock New Member

Ah, yes Dave.

Steve I kinda consider second gen, if only because of his moving into the front ranks after Jim's passing. But yes, he has been there for quite some time.

Still doesn't negate the sadness of the situation.
  11. Aus Muppeteer New Member

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted a message on this forum. I'm really sad about that.

Anyway, I'm so glad that Dave is still going on strong! I actually wrote to him the other week! Think I'll get a response?? It sucks being in Australia when all these auditions and stuff are happening! Still, LONG LIVE DREAMS!!
  12. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Honestly I find it harder to think of the Muppets without Jerry than without Frank. If you remember Muppet Treasure Island, Jerry performed practically everyone, plus a cameo appearence. Blind Pew, half a dozen pirates, street characters, he was amazing in it. But to have him gone...it will be very, very strange.

__

Interprited for red characters seeped in unfortunate fates:

Meep Merry meel. Memmey meep meey meemy mou. Meeping meek maam met. Me, me, mee, mee (Thought: if Piggy was doing a Beaker impresion would she say Moi, moi, moi instead of mee, mee, me? Just a thought. Please feel free to forget it.) Meepers. Mee!
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

But, Beau, if you go back through all of Muppet History, Jerry Nelson has always had the most transitional voice and has performed the greater portion of vocals, whether in a sketch or song, so Jerry's performances would be greatly missed.

However, I have faith that--because they have always been fan-friendly--The Muppets will not let us down. It will be some transition and we'll have a 'little getting used to it' but I'm sure things will work out.
  14. Cantus Rock New Member

I think that's what he is saying, Foz. And I agree. Talk about the most versitile voice in the Muppet camp. There is no way he'll ever be replaced properly.
  15. Aus Muppeteer New Member

W3rd. I mean who could else but Jezza could do a sweet little voice like Robin than on the other side of the scale the Pyromanic/blowerupper Crazy Harry. He is one Muppet I certainly would love to bring back to life properly!! :crazy:
  16. Vibs New Member

Hey I was just wondering... Did you ever finish that because I'd looooove to hear it!! I know this post is really old but I'm just really curoius!! :excited:
  17. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I know what you mean.
    Unlike Frank, Jerry seems to have done a lot after Jim Henson's death. It probably will be pretty hard to find puppateers who can fill his shoes.
  18. Secret Squirrel New Member

"Jerry will continue to perform the Count on Sesame Street, but there were auditions this week for his other characters (with Jerry's blessing). No word yet on who will be doing what."

As I posted in the Sesame Street season 36 thread, this turned out to be a rumor. Jerry has retired his classic Muppet characters but is still performing all his Sesame characters. He has no plans to retire from Sesame soon.
  19. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Thanks, Secret Squirrel. Glad to see you back around again.

Sad to see Jerry move on, but sometimes folks just have to. Power to the main man!

Out of curiosity, what other characters is Jerry doing on SS now besides Count? I haven't seen Herry Monster in a while, either (of course, I don't get to watch SS that often either).

Miss the days, too, when Jerry would pop into the forums and drop some info, or at least say Hi.

And, I'd like to reiterate what I've always said: Jerry is the awesomest of the performers! His vocal range and singing abilities have always made The Muppets (et al) the best programs. I can't imagine what it would have been like without him, and I think the world has been a better place simply through the cahracters he's performed!
  20. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wait you mean he retired his muppet cariturs does that mean me muppets themselfs or just him doing them.