1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

JHC Picks up Frog and Toad Movie Rights

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by MrBabySpencer, Jun 9, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

Vincent Liu and muppetperson like this.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Looks like the Jim Henson Company are missing their Frog and trying to get back to their ancestry.:)
  3. muppetperson

Are they the same characters as "The Frog From Toad Hall"?
  4. muppetperson

Guess not.I am thinking of the Wind and willows characters that goes back to 1908!
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

OH! Frog and Toad are characters from a series of children's books written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel!

These go like hotcakes at both of my work places. (The Elementary school where I work and the public library)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frog_and_Toad
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool...yet I get the feeling this is another one of those JHC projects that will turn into absolutely nothing.
    D'Snowth, CaseytheMuppet and bandit like this.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha! You're probably right. Too bad!
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Poor, JHC. So many ideas, so little production... :sympathy:
  9. MrBabySpencer

yeah, but at least this one has a release year
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yep. It's only a matter of time before they up and give away the rights to another company and drop out of the project.

Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train seem to be all they care about anymore.
  12. MrBabySpencer

If They DO Give Up The Rights I Hope They Give It To Disney
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Replace the word "care" with "can afford to produce without a sizable amount of money from a legitimate business partner" and you've got it right.

As I've said over 3 billion times already, Henson doesn't have the money to do anything solo. Never has, and never will. Look at the history of Henson productions, and they've always had a business partner. Even to do something as simple as release a VHS.

They needed that British TV firm to help get the TV show and the first 2 movies off the ground, Columbia for that third movie, Marvel for their animated shows (Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, and Fraggle Rock)... and I'm sure some Canadian broadcasters helped in with Fraggle Rock. Even later... Nelvana helped get Dog City off the ground, Columbia/Sony released a lot of Henson movies and Muppet DVD's. Disney's ownership of the Muppets gave us a movie that would have been DTV or a Telefilm otherwise.

The difference is that they don't have the leadership or business sense to get those partners that they need to get their way too many projects off the ground. Not anymore at least.
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

**** no! Look at the way Disney handled the Muppets in general, took us seven years just to get a movie, after getting a TV movie, a TV special, but countless other projects shelved.
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Mu favorite series of books when I'm in elementary school! I wonder how this will turn out...
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Shelved? Like absolutely everything Henson has done for the past 10 years? There were more Muppet projects shelved by Henson than their were Disney.

Plus, if Disney were to get the rights to do a movie based on a single book, they'll do it.
  17. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Oh My God, this is amazing. I used to read those books and have the books on tape as a kid. So glad JHC is going to be doing something with them. I hope they have those monotone voices like on the tapes, those were funny. lol