1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

JHC will produce "Puss 'n Boots"

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by OverUnderAround, Jul 23, 2004.

1. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I spotted this today on Variety.com. It was dated May 2, 2004.

"The Jim Henson Co. will produce "Puss 'n Boots," a $35 million live-action movie with a leading role for a CGI-animated cat. This centuries-old tale of a miller's son, a beautiful princess and a mischievous feline will be produced in the U.K. by Michael Gruskoff, Lisa Henson and Kristine Belson."
  2. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

What do you think gave them inspiration? Hmmmm? ;)
  3. OverUnderAround

Don't have a clue what inspired them. However It will be curious to
    see if it gets made. Shrek's 2's CGI version of Puss n' Boots was done great
    by Antonio Banderas. And it was well received by all.

Now the Henson Company will have to top that CGI Puss n' Boots
    with their own version. A difficult task.
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

This project has been in the works for awhile...it was planned before Shrek 2 was finished if I'm not mistaken. I loved Antonio Banderas in Shrek 2 - I think he'll be hard to top.
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

oh yay. i'm so overjoyed by this project. i wonder who the brilliant genius at jhc was that thought up this 'un. probably the same ones who decided to sell off the muppets.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    (Yes it's all sarcasm.)
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh boy, let's all go follow the crowd...again.

Why can't they do something original...MFS (Follow the crowd)...KSY (Follow teh prequels)...oh boy, and fiddle sticks.

Beau
  7. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I think DreamWorks is making a Puss n' Boots movie.
  8. Beauregard

Really? With Puss from Shrek, or a different Puss?
  9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Both these puss in boots movies sound good. They need more movies based on older stories, theres so many rubbish movies coming out lately.
  10. Infinity Sirius

The actual Puss N' Boots from Shrek.
  11. Infinity Sirius

I can't really see how they would do it though. There was not much character development of Puss n' Boots in Shrek 2, other than that he was an ogre slayer and a ladies' man...er...cat. Unless they make him more in depth, there's not much of a movie there.
  12. Well, if Puss-In-Boots is getting a movie. And since JHC is making a Puss-In-Boots MOVIE. Methinks that JHC is making this Puss from Shrek movie.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Funniest line I've read tonight!!
  14. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

15. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That is pretty funny.
  16. OverUnderAround

Shrek's CGI Puss wears a hat, boots and a sword.

Should the Henson company actually make this CGI Puss, I'm sure he'll sport the same outfit.

Outside of giving Puss a different fur color, they might look alike.

Since Dreamworks has announced that there will be a Shrek 3 and Shrek 4,
    we might see more of Banderas's Version of Puss in the coming films.

That might hurt the Henson version.
    I'm looking forward to reading if it ever really goes into production.
  17. Vermiknid

Vermiknid New Member

Something totally new

Yes, it's an unfortunate coincidence that there are two Puss N Boots characters running amok -- but here's the skinny.

The Henson Puss N Boots was in the works before Shrek 2 came out and while the Dreamworks Antonio Bandaras CGI animated Puss is great it's not like he's original either. The fairytale has been around for a few hundred years.

The Henson Puss N Boots is a live-action "Princess Bride" style film with a fresh telling of the original fairy tale (which has not been done yet!). Should be lots of swashbuckling fun and humor. I think they'll make the cat a combination of muppet/CGI -- like they did with Babe.

Personally, I think there's room for both -- it'll be several years for Dreamworks to give us another Shrek -- and the Puss N Boots character will always play second fiddle to the other characters.
  18. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Isn't Shrek 3 being fast tracked for a mid-2006 release?
  19. Beauregard

Sorry, I don't get it. Is it an American thing?