Jill Scott Advocates for Love

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Jill Scott Advocates for Love

Courtesy of Yahoo! News

Jill Scott is trying to send a message by filming all but two of her videos in her Philadelphia neighborhood.

She says she is trying to let people know that being low on money doesn't mean people are lacking in love.

She says there's a lot of negativity about the "ghetto" or about "folks that don't have a lot of money." She tells AP Radio that she wants to show that there's actually a lot of love and support there.

Scott is set to co-host the eighth annual Lady of Soul awards this Saturday in Los Angeles. But it may not compare to her experience appearing alongside Elmo on Sesame Street earlier this year.

"I couldn't stop smiling. To stand there and there's Grover and Big Bird and it was just wonderful, just wonderful," Scott said. "It was one of the highest points in my career thus far."

- Billy :cool:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey, that's neat of her to say!

. . . . . .

Who is she?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jill performed "We Are All Earthlings" during this past season. The song debuted in the season premiere when Elmo visits the firehouse after Hooper's Store catches on fire.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey, that's so neat of her! I'd love to see that.

. . . . . .

So really, who is she though?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Ah, so the answer to "who is she?" is: she's a recording artist. Cool album title :stick_out_tongue: