1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim and frank @ puppeteers of Am. video

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by goshposh, Oct 31, 2002.

1. goshposh

goshposh Member

I just ordered the Jim Henson and Frank Oz at the puppeteers of america festival video and I just wanted to know if anyone else has it and what they think of it.
  2. Hi! I've got that one too and it's well worth purchasing. It's a little shocking though to see what a change Frank has made in his career and his attitude toward the Muppets since Jim was with him though. I think at one point in the tape he says that he hopes to continue doing the Muppets with Jim forever. I guess the hinge in the statement was with Jim :( Still, it's very informative and it's great to see Jim and Frank playing around together.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Ihave that video and LOVE it. My friends, who aren't as "into" the Muppets as me, like it as well...it's funny!

FOZ
  4. bigblue

bigblue New Member

Video

Hi!

Saw your post--just wondering where I could purchase the tape?

Thanx!

Brandon
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Do a search on your computer for Puppeteers of America (I think it's www.puppetry.org) and look in their store.

FOZ
  6. puppetguy

puppetguy New Member

Frank did a similar "Q & A" at the Puppeteers of America Festival in San Francisco in 1993, which I was fortunate enough to attend. The difference of seeing Frank and his characters alone compared to the video with both he and Jim is like night and day. Frank tried to get the audience to interact with the characters, but, somehow, it didn't quite work. I think Frank did it mostly as a favor to his father, Mike, who was one of the festival coordinators, and one of the nicest people I've ever met.
    The one highlight of that event was one woman from the audience asked Grover if she could give him a hug. Grover, of course, granted the wish. One of those warm, fuzzy Muppet moments.

Its been said that the Muppets cannot work in a vaccum (solo), and its very true...the characters rely deeply the interaction with each other.

David
    www.allhandsproductions.com