Jim and Frank's Characters in the street

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hello! I was watching some of my Noggin tapes and this is what I've noticed. In season premiere episodes, muppets like Ernie, Bert Cookie Monster, Grover, and Kermit are in street scenes. When did Jim and Frank stop doing street scenes and why?

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi!
I would guess 76-77 season, because they were busy with TMS and all. I think after that, they stopped taping as many segments with Jim and Frank.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Were Jim and Frank only able to do Street scenes during anniversary specails?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
Were Jim and Frank only able to do Street scenes during anniversary specails?
It was my understanding ( I think I saw Frank say it on a tape or something ) that he and Jim used to perform only about 4 days worth out of a year after some point.

FOZ

Ryan

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, that was in 1989 in "An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz." I think that was due to each performer having several things at a time to work on (Jim had Muppet Babies, JHH, SS) (Frank had movies, and some Muppet Stuff). :rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My Man Scoots-

Hiya,

Yeah, you're right! Thanks for reminding me of that!! I need to watch my tape again, those two men working off each other were hilarious.

Plus, Fozzie is on there! :smile:

FOZ

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Wow! These guys must have been so busy around 1989. in the 70's did Jim and Frank do street scenes other than season premeire episodes?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They did do street scenes at other times. Keep in mind that Sesame historically always shows most of their best "new" stuff at the beginning of each season, so those were some of the best times to catch characters like Kermit on the street.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Yes, those were the best times. I think I remember seeing Kermit in another street scene which was 1971 or 1972. He was by the green stairs drawing the letter M with his magic fingers and Grover came and asked what the letter was.

Bovegard

Reaction score
I haven't seen Sesamie Street for years, but when I watched it he was always wondering around as a reporter and interviewing Ryme caracters