1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim and Frank's Characters in the street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by MIKEB97, Apr 13, 2002.

1. MIKEB97 New Member

Hello! I was watching some of my Noggin tapes and this is what I've noticed. In season premiere episodes, muppets like Ernie, Bert Cookie Monster, Grover, and Kermit are in street scenes. When did Jim and Frank stop doing street scenes and why?
  2. Ryan New Member

Hi!
    I would guess 76-77 season, because they were busy with TMS and all. I think after that, they stopped taping as many segments with Jim and Frank.
  3. MIKEB97 New Member

Were Jim and Frank only able to do Street scenes during anniversary specails?
  4. Fozzie Bear Moderator

It was my understanding ( I think I saw Frank say it on a tape or something ) that he and Jim used to perform only about 4 days worth out of a year after some point.

FOZ
  5. Ryan New Member

Oh, yeah, that was in 1989 in "An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz." I think that was due to each performer having several things at a time to work on (Jim had Muppet Babies, JHH, SS) (Frank had movies, and some Muppet Stuff). :rolleyes:
  6. Fozzie Bear Moderator

My Man Scoots-

Hiya,

Yeah, you're right! Thanks for reminding me of that!! I need to watch my tape again, those two men working off each other were hilarious.

Plus, Fozzie is on there! :)

FOZ
  7. MIKEB97 New Member

Wow! These guys must have been so busy around 1989. in the 70's did Jim and Frank do street scenes other than season premeire episodes?
  8. Phillip Administrator

They did do street scenes at other times. Keep in mind that Sesame historically always shows most of their best "new" stuff at the beginning of each season, so those were some of the best times to catch characters like Kermit on the street.
  9. MIKEB97 New Member

Yes, those were the best times. I think I remember seeing Kermit in another street scene which was 1971 or 1972. He was by the green stairs drawing the letter M with his magic fingers and Grover came and asked what the letter was.
  10. Bovegard New Member

I haven't seen Sesamie Street for years, but when I watched it he was always wondering around as a reporter and interviewing Ryme caracters
  11. MIKEB97 New Member

His reporter sktis were very very funny as those fairy tales were beggining to get him down! I remember seeing him in the Street dring Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and Sesame Street: 20 an Still Counting. I wonder if Jim Henson enjoyed working with the human cast? Bob McGrath has said alot of nice comments about him.